multiple external addresses on Exchange 2007 contact?

• Thread starter JayCrumpGP
  • Start date Views 630
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JayCrumpGP

Is it possible to create an Exchange 2007 contact and have multiple addresses listed as external? This was easy in Exchange 2003 - create a contact, and you could give that contact 15 different external addresses if you wanted......Ex2003 just delivered to all the addresses.

Not seeing how to do this in Exchange 2007 easily. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm posting this in Exchange 2010 because I don't see Exchange 2007 listed in the 'forum category' list when creating this post. Sorry.

T

Tom Vanopoulos

When you create the Exchange 2007 mail contact. You can go to the properties of the contact using EMC (Recipient Configuration > Mail Contact).

In the Email Addresses tab here you can add multiple SMTP Email Addresses. Only one SMTP email address can be set as external in the list.

You can take a look at creating different Email Address Policies.

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/management-administration/managing-email-address-policies.html

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2007/2010 | MCITP: Server Administrator | MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring | MCP | MCDST

J

JayCrumpGP

Thanks. I'm not sure what the email address policy for an external contact can help me with. I also see that you say that 'only one SMTP email address can be set as external in the list'. So, does that mean that if I have a contact 'Joe Contact' and have to different email addresses:

- joe.contact@msn.com

- joe.contact@gmail.com

That Exchange 2007 will only send email to the one address listed as 'external address'? Or will it send to both addresses. In a previous test, it doesn't seem that ex2007 sends to both.

B

Brian Desmond -MVP-

Thanks. I'm not sure what the email address policy for an external contact can help me with. I also see that you say that 'only one SMTP email address can be set as external in the list'. So, does that mean that if I have a contact 'Joe Contact' and have to different email addresses:

- joe.contact@msn.com

- joe.contact@gmail.com

That Exchange 2007 will only send email to the one address listed as 'external address'? Or will it send to both addresses. In a previous test, it doesn't seem that ex2007 sends to both.

Exchange sends to the address listed in the targetAddress attribute which is single valued.Active Directory, 4th Edition - www.briandesmond.com/ad4/

J

JayCrumpGP

got it. Just needed a clear answer.

Guess I'm stuck making DG's with a contact per email address. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.