How to setup an SMTP Drop and Queue Folder in same Domain for relay???

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Baur Jr

I am posed witha dire problem. I have a customer that wants to implement System Center Service Manager 2010. The problem is that SCSM utilizes an IIS 6 SMTP Function, and offers no other solution. The solution has to meet the following:

1. Domain is the same (i.e. no separate domains).

2. The Email address will that will go to this SCSM 2010 Server is Helpdesk@domain.com , this serer will send emails to various users in the Domain.

3. Emails will go out to valid Email addresses from SCSM 2010 through the SMTP Server (a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server with the SMTP installed and it will use a DROP Folder, Queue Folder, and BAD Folder). SCSM 2010 only allows us to input the following: Location of Mail Folder that contains the DROP, BAD, QUEUE, etc. The Server name, and the Port....nothing else.

4. I have heard there is a way I can get mail to come from and to this server, yet I have seen nothing.

Anybody know how I can accomplish this is Exchange 2010?

Many Thanks!

David Baur

D

David Baur Jr

That helped some I think, but the mail that is supposed to get dropped into the folder and then picked up by exchange is not occurring. Any ideas?David Baur

D

David Baur Jr

I just tested and a Test email dropped into the pickup folder gets routed to the user correctly from the Servive Manager Email account (Helpesk), and I get incoming mail coming in for new incidents. Odd that Service Manager is not putting anything into the folder though...no errors in any event logs as well. Any other ideas anyone?David Baur

Status
Not open for further replies.