About MSExchangeSearch service under exchange2010 sp1

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lijgu01

What reason will cause that MSExchangeSearch can't be stopped?

Today I upgrade my exchange2010 to sp1, but MSExchangeSearch can't be successfully stop and it is always stopping. If I kill the process "Microsoft.Exchange.Search.ExSearch.exe", it will be automatically started.

Who knows the reason?

Thanks

ligd

C

Christian Weihs

Hi lijgd,

What reason will cause that MSExchangeSearch can't be stopped?
Today I upgrade my exchange2010 to sp1, but MSExchangeSearch can't be successfully stop and it is always stopping. If I kill the process "Microsoft.Exchange.Search.ExSearch.exe", it will be automatically started.
Who knows the reason?

When you do not disable the service and the indexing is configured at the
mailbox database it will start again. So stop AND disable the service: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996416.aspx

Did you get any error messaging in the event log when you try to disable the
service?

Best regards
Christian

L

lijgu01

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your help. I dismout all database and stop MSExchangeIS service, then I can't stop MSExchangeSearch service yet. When I stops MSExchangeSearch service, CPU is 100% and there isn't any relative events.

Thanks

ligd

L

lijgu01

Exchange2010sp1 seems to require more resources than Exchange2010, I just added some system resources, everything seemed normal.

B

Brian Day MCITP

It would be helpful if you could tell us what the before & after were for the knowledge of others who find this later or so we can make sure it had enough resources at the beginning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.