error message "The operation cannot be performed because the message has been changed""

• Thread starter dfkeusch
  • Start date Views 6,507
D

dfkeusch

Hi, this message appears when i try to assign a category in the standard mail view.

on the second attempt, the operation is executed normally.

is it sign of further problem, or a bug?

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

What method are you using to try and assign a category? When you say " standard mail view" does that mean you've opened the e-mail item or you're doing this from the message list?

What anti-virus software are you using?

D

dfkeusch

Ben, good evening and thank you!

i am in list view, i don't open the mail at this point.

in message list view, i right click in the category column to display all categories, and i select the category. (or quick click if possible)

i am using ESET NOD 32

thank you in advance

Didier

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Do you have NOD32 scanning your e-mail messages? If so, try turning off the e-mail scanning feature (it's not essential anyhow) and see if the problem goes away.

D

dfkeusch

Ben,

yes NOD is scanning. scanning is not essential!! could you be more specific?

i try and let you know.

thank you

D

dfkeusch

Ben,

well, somehow it reminds me some confuse thoughts i had, like activating the mail scan modules of antivirus would be a kind of " double scanning" . after all, clearly the data comes in my pc before coming in my outlook. i never disabled it, considering that Symantec and others might know what they are doing.as well, those guys interrest is not to tell us that mail scan is useless, if it is.

disabling the mail scan module seem to remove the problem.... i hope i don't take a risk....

Didier

L

LisaI

Didier,

Interesting. I have the same problem and I also use NOD32. I guess it has something to do with that. I wonder why it would only be with NOD32?

Lisa