Using multiple calendars across Outlook 2003/2007 and (if possible) populating automatically based o

• Thread starter Allan Warhurst
  • Start date Views 1,612
A

Allan Warhurst

Hi

I'm trying to set up a group schedule which will give an overview of several people's availability. Trouble is, we don't want everything from each person's calendar in there. I had some ideas about how to do this, but not sure if they are possible. It's further complicated as this needs to be something which will work across Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 and across XP/Vista/Windows 7.

1. Each person creates a separate calendar for the required items and copies them across manually, or invites the new calendar where appropriate. Group schedule of these calendars will give the overview we need (this should work, but would be time consuming).

2. Give required items a category and filter by this in the group schedule (not sure if this is possible).

3. Combination of 1 and 2. Use categories in the default calendar and import (or otherwise automatically populate) the new calendars with only the categories we want (no idea if this is possible).

Happy to hear alternative suggestions!

The idea is that someone will be able to get an overview of availability without having personal appointments/team members' annual leave in there as well.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards

Allan

A

Allan Warhurst

Hi Ezil

Thanks for your response.

We're using Exchange on a domain.

I've looked at those links. Creating a group schedule I can do. The issue then is the irrelevant calendar items in the original calendars. Can group schedules filter by category? I've had a look but can't see how to do this.

Thanks again

Allan