Re: setup individual folders for more than two email addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnadd

I have several (of my own personal) outlook email addresses, which I want 'outlook' to sort into their individual personal folders as they are received. Can outlook sort each address (eg, myemail_1, myemail_2, etc.), as it is received from the internet/email provider and sort into individual personal folders?

If you have each of these e-mail address setup as different accounts that Outlook pulls e-mails from (as opposed to mail forwarding), than you can already change the folder location where these e-mails are delivered to. See the E-mail tab on the Account Settings dialog, and note the "Change Folder" button. That should do what you want.(P.S. Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it has helped you)
Eric Legault: MVP (Outlook), MCTS (SharePoint)
Owner: Collaborative Innovations
Twitter: elegault
Blog: Eric Legault My Eggo

J

johnadd

I tried changing the folder to each of the individual email addresses, but the folder always defaulted back to the original setting. Each email address only delivers to one folder. Any suggestions?

After you click the Change Folder button to select a new delivery location for an account, do you see the label update to reflect the new folder path? What about after you close the Account Settings dialog and open it again? I'm just trying to understand when (and how) this changes, but still can't fathom why your selection isn't sticking.(P.S. Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it has helped you)
Eric Legault: MVP (Outlook), MCTS (SharePoint)
Owner: Collaborative Innovations
Twitter: elegault
Blog: Eric Legault My Eggo

Status
Not open for further replies.