Displaying Address Book Contact name and email address

• Thread starter Dino T. Dinosaur
  • Start date Views 526
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dino T. Dinosaur

I am using Outlook 2007, and I imported my address book from another computer where I used Outlook Express. The import went well.
While using OE, when I typed a name in the TO line of an email, both the addressee's name and email address were displayed. That does not happen using Outlook; only the email address is entered. How can I correct this condition to enable me to have BOTH the name and corresponding email address displayed on the To line?

R

Russ Valentine

Your post is too vague to permit an accurate answer. Here is some information that might help you understand what you're seeing. If you are actually typing a name in the To: field in Outlook 2007, you aren't even using your Contacts. You are using the autocompletion cache which stores its entries based on the format of the address to which you first sent a message to that recipient. OE used its Contact data. If that doesn't explain what you're seeing then post a more accurate description of your problem. Russ Valentine

D

Dino T. Dinosaur

OK. I want to write an email to someone who is in my contact list. I have never sent/received mail from that recipient. How do I configure Outlook so that the recipient's name and email address are displayed on the TO line?

R

Russ Valentine

You click on the To: button and select the recipient form the Outlook Address Book view instead of typing in the To: field.Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.