Task 'domain.TLD - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC69) : ' The server responded: 550 5.1.1 User un

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChuckK

I am running Office 2003 on Vista Home.

I use my personal PC for work and personal e-mail. I use Outlook to manage both work and personal e-mails.

With work there are several companies I work with that are under the same parent organization. Think of the parent organization providing the mail services (NOT Exchange) for the various companies. With that said let's think of the various companies under the parent as:

Comp A

Comp B

Comp C

Comp D

Based on the e-mail address received by the mail server it will route appropriately. I use rules to properly manage the e-mails for the respective organizations.

I can receive e-mails that are sent from my personal e-mail (Comcast as well as gmail) that are sent to " Comp A" , " Comp B" , " Comp C" and " Comp D" e-mail addresses. No problem there.

I can send e-mail from " Comp B" e-mail address to " Comp A" e-mail address. I can send e-mail from " Comp C" e-mail address to " Comp A" e-mail address. I can send e-mail from " Comp D" e-mail address to " Comp A" email address. What this says is I can send e-mail to may various e-mail addresses that reside on the same company mail server.

I can send e-mail from my " Comp A" e-mail address to my personal Comcast as well as my personal GMail account. I can send e-mail from my " Comp B" e-mail address to my personal Comcast as well as my personal GMail account. I can NOT send e-mail from my " Comp C" e-mail address to my personal Comcast as well as my personal GMail account. I can NOT send e-mail from my " Comp D" e-mail address to my personal Comcast as well as my personal GMail account. When I try to send e-mail from my " Comp C" e-mail account and my " Comp D" e-mail account to either my personal Comcast or GMail account I receive the following error:

Task 'domain.TLD - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC69) : ' The server responded: 550 5.1.1 User unknown'

(I substituted the real domain and TLD with " domain.TLD" in the above error message for purposes of privacy)

What is odd is when I first set up my " Comp D" account, earlier today, I successfully sent an e-mail from my " Comp D" e-mail address to my personal Comcast account. Then I was not able to. For close to 6 hours I have not been able to successfully send an e-mail from my " Comp D" account to either of my personal accounts.

Here is what I have done:

1). Closed Outlook and reopened it several times.

2). Checked the e-mail profiles for " Comp D" several times, even deleting and reentering the incoming POP3 and outoing SMTP IP addresses.

3). Under the Advanced tab I modified my Incoming POP3 port number from 995 (with " This sender requires an encrypted connection" checked) back to the default with the SSL connection now unchecked. I also modified my Outgoing SMTP port number from 465 (with " This sender requires an encrypted connection" checked) back to the default with the SSL connection now unchecked. Then I changed them all back to 995 and 465 respecively with both ports having " This sender requires an encrypted connection" checked again.

4). Checked e-mails holding in my " Outbox" from either " Comp C" or " Comp D" to see if they were marked as " Read" or " Unread" .

I've tried all of the above several times. Each time when trying to send from my " Comp C" or " Comp D" e-mail address I continue to receive the same error message as found in the title of this post.

Because I can send e-mails using either " Comp C" or " Comp D" e-mail addresses to either " Comp A" or " Comp B" , it lets me know that the problem is not with my ISP. I can also send e-mails from my " Comp A" and " Comp B" e-mail addresses to my personal Comcast and GMail accounts with no problem, so again telling me there are no problems with my ISP. (by the way, I work from home so use Comcast as my ISP)

So here's a new twist.... While writing this post the e-mails that were sitting in my " Outbox" from the " Comp D" e-mail addresses that would not go out for around 6 hours suddenly left the " Outbox" and made it to my personal Comcast account. The e-mails from my " Comp C" e-mail address to my personal Comcast and GMail accounts still will not leave my " Outbox" .

The other twist to this story deals with e-mails I am trying to send using my " Comp C" e-mail address. When they get to the " Outbox" they mark themselves as " read" . I go in and mark them as unread, but they continue to reset themselves as an e-mail that has been read, thus not leaving my Outbox. Again, this is ONLY for the e-mails in my " Outbox" that are from my " Comp C" e-mail address. The e-mails from my " Comp D" e-mail address, however, continue to remain marked as " Unread" .

I would appreciate insight on what might be causing this problem and suggestions for overcoming these issues?

C

ChuckK

Here's an update.... Now I can send e-mails from the " Comp D" e-mail address to my personal GMail account, but now I am no longer able to send e-mails from the " Comp D" e-mail address to my personal Comcast account. Weird. Any ideas?

N

Niyamath Khan

Verify if the account settings are correct for the email account configured.

Does this issue occur only while sending emails to your email address or all email addresses?

You may try sending emails in Outlook in Windowsclean boot mode and check if it helps.

Note: Ensure to restart the computer in normal mode once troubleshooting is completed.

C

ChuckK

Thank you for the " clean boot" suggestion. I tried the suggestion and nothing changed.

Since my last writing and before your reply I deleted the questionable e-mail account and reenterd the e-mail account from scratch. So in checking each configuration, the configurations for " Comp A" , " Comp B" , " Comp C" and " Comp D" are all the same with the exception of:

Under " Internet E-mail Settings (POP3)" the e-mail address is different to reflect the uniqueness of the specific e-mail account.

Under the " General" tab each e-mail account has its unique name.

All else is the same throughout.

I can send e-mails through my Comcast ISP to my company's mail server between the various accounts and they seem to work well. In other words, I can send an e-mail from " Comp D" to " Comp A" , " Comp B" and " Comp C" just fine. I can send e-mails from any of the " Comp" accounts to any of the other " Comp" accounts just fine.

When it comes to sending e-mails beyond the company e-mail server to my personal Comcast account and my personal GMail account I can successfully send e-mails from " Comp A" and " Comp B" to either of my Compcast or GMail accounts. I continue to receive, however, the error message as is the title of the original post when trying to go from the new, " Comp D" to any account outside of of the " Comp A" , " Comp B" or " Comp D" . However, yesterday one e-mail from " Comp D" did make it to my personal Comcast account. Later in the evening another e-mail from " Comp D" made it to my personal GMail account. For each of those two successes all other tries have failed.

I tested all of the above in my reply to you (including removing and creating a new e-mail account for the one in question while under " clean boot" . No change. The problem remained.

I have also turned off the Norton anti-virus to see if that would make a difference. The problem remained. I also read a posting where unplugging the wireless router fixed a " similar" problem so tried unplugging the cable modem as well as the wireless router. The problem remained.

So I'm basically stumped at this point.

Any further suggestions? I'm certainly open to them! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.