Error 0x86000108 after mailbox move from Exchange 2010 til Exchange 2003 SP2

  • Thread starter Allan Jul Woer
  • Start date Views 755
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allan Jul Woer



Hi,

We are in the progress of installing and experimenting with exchange 2010 and Exchange 2003 in a coexisting setup.

User can perform ActiveSync on Exchange 2003. After moving the user to Exchange 2010 the user can still sync their device after having performed a full sync, requested by the server.

If we move the user back to Exchange 2003, the user can no longer syncronize the device. This has been tested with Windows Mobile 6.1 and 6.5. OWA and outlook works as expected.

We even tried to hard-reset the devices, but this makes no difference.

If inbox is deselected in sync options, the device can syncronize. Tried to move the inbox content to another folder, no difference. Did anyone experience the same behavior ?

Any public solutions ?

Regards, Allan Jul Woer
 
I

ibenna [MVP]

I have not experienced this but it makes a little bit of sense. Remember that in Exchange 2010, we now have activesync policies that are applied to a user's mailbox. When you moved the mailbox back, possibly some of the settings were left since you moved the mailbox to a legacy version of exchange. To verify if this is the case, try the same thing but take off the activesync policy from the mailbox before you move the mailbox back to E2K10.Thank you, Ibrahim Benna MCSA+Messaging, MCSE+Messaging, MCT, MVP "Did you backup your Information Store Today?!"
 
A

Allan Jul Woer



Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for your answer. I have tried to remove the Exchange attributes from the Exchange 2003 user, and run the cleanup agent, and reconnect the mailbox. That didn't do the trick.

How do I remove the activesync policy fron a single mailbox ? I have tried to remove the Exchange Activesync feature from the 2010 mailbox prior to moving it to Exchange 2003. Then enabled it again in ADUC after the move. This still produces the Support Code 0x86000108

Regards, Allan Jul Woer
 
A

Allan Jul Woer



Hi,

I will answer my own question:

Using mdbvu32 on the mailbox I was able to locate the "Associated messages in fld." that caused the issue. I deleted 2 of these messages, and activesync started working again.

Before messing around with mdbvu32, make sure you have a valid backup!

This is what I did:
downloaded and extracted mdbvu32. created a profile and opened outlook with the failing mailbox Start mdbvu32 and select the mailbox after pressing OK and pressing MDB -> Select message store to open. Click MDB -> Open IPM Subtree. Double-click inbox in the child folders window. locate and review Associated messages starting with: cb: 42*pb: XX XX........... I deleted two of these, created the day I moved the mailbox to Exchange 2010. They had the PR_MESSAGE_CLASS of IPM.Configuration.ELC and IPM.ExtendedRule.Message deletion is done by marking the message and select the lpFLD->DeleteMessages() (ON SELECTED MSGS)

Close mdbvu32 and sync should work. I have tested this with two seperate mailboxes. I deleted the messages in the descibed order. Maybe if the last message is deleted first it will work deleting that message only. This has not been tested.

Note: The procedure described above should be used on your own responsibility. If anything breaks, I will not be held responsible !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top