Outlook Freezing when viewing shared Calendars

• Thread starter George Papadakis
  • Start date Views 4,826
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

George Papadakis

We are running Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 32 bit, accessing an Exchange 2007 SP1 server with a number of shared calendars under a " Travel and Events" top level folder. When accessed using Outlook 2010, most of these calendars will cause Outlook to freeze, necessitating restarting Outlook and re-navigating down to the calendar, which triggers another freeze, and so on. The same calendars work fine in Outlook 2007 on our Terminal Server.

So far, I have done the following to troubleshoot:
Tried loading Outlook in Safe Mode - no change Tried resetting the To Do bar - no change Tried copying the Calendar to my mailbox and accessing it locally - no change Tried changing the view to Week or Month from Day before the freeze sets in - View changes, and then still freezes

So, what's the solution? It's very frustrating since my coworkers use shared calendars for coordinating attendance to meeting during conferences.

G

George Papadakis

We are already using Cached Mode on the desktop clients.

The common thread among all the people having issues is that they are administrative staff. I looked at what calendars they all had designated as favorites, and there was one in common, a travel and events calendar on which they were putting appointments for a conference next month. When I tried accessing that folder, I froze also.

I copied it into my mailbox and froze while trying to look at it as a calendar, so I looked at it in list view. There was a post/note item in it that was empty. Once I deleted it, I was able to navigate in the copy in my mailbox. I copied the corrected folder into the public folder tree and it worked fine there. So I moved the subfolders from underneath the problematic folder to the corrected one and deleted the original.

Looks like it was a corrupt appointment. I got a clue that it must have been something like that when I set it as a cached favorote and Outlook froze trying to just cache it.

Thanks for the suggestion that got me on the right track.

Status
Not open for further replies.