Is there an admin tool to monitor user sessions, i.e. if/when email read/deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul_Van

Does either Exchange 2007 or 2010 provide any reports for monitoring user sessions? For example, when a user logged into webmail, read an email, deleted an email, etc.? Basically a tool that a sysadmin can use to verify that an email was received, read, and deleted (... or not).

B

Brian Day MCITP

What Brian said. In SP1 we introduced Mailbox & Admin (aka Configuration) auditing/logging, but it isn't as specific as you're looking for. The mailbox auditing in SP1 can tell if an 'owner', 'delegate', 'administrator' opened a folder or email, used send-as, etc..., but it has to be enabled on the mailbox you're auditing prior to needing the data.

P

Paul_Van

Thank you for the feedback. Our Sysadmin is looking at STEALTHbits Technologies "StealthAUDIT for Exchange" as a possible solution. (FYI, we have not tried it so this post is not an endorsement in any way.) Any suggestions for a third-party tool that can be integrated into Exchange server would be very much appreciated.

J

James-Luo

I think that the suggestion from Brian about mailbox audit logging is the only way to do this on the exchange natively

After searched on the web, I found some third party tools for exchange mailbox auditing in the article below

Audit Tools for MS Exchange Server

Notes: The third-party tool information above is used to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of these information

James Luo

Status
Not open for further replies.