cannot import .pst file from a backup .pst (personal folders) file exported from Office 2007

• Thread starter donshmuck 12--
  • Start date Views 1,485
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

donshmuck 12--

cannot import .pst file from a backup .pst (personal folders) file exported from Office 2007 before i installed office 2010 pro plus.

Karl Timmermans

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Providing details (steps followed, complete <error> messages encountered etc) as to what occurs when attempting to import the PST file would enable someone to respond with a possible cause/solution.

G

GordonBP

cannot import .pst file from a backup .pst (personal folders) file exported from Office 2007 before i installed office 2010 pro plus.

Why on earth did you use the export/import function in the first place?

That's NEVER the way to move data from one Outlook to another.

Open Outlook and just do File-Open-Outlook Data File.

That's all you need to do.

For your future use: Here's how to migrate data CORRECTLY from one Outlook to another.

http://gordonb-p.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E60CE3038809E993!2580.entry

If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

D

donshmuck 12--

THANKS: I'm not a total novice but you saved the day. Office help had NOTHING. The reason that I was in a mess was partly all of the following: a) i'm new (1day) to w7 and msoffice 2010. b) I always backed up my personal folders to my hd and to an external drive. c) my new gateway ltop crashed within a month and I had not backed up the .pst but once in office2007. That's the file i had on an external drive and for the life of me i couldn't find a menu in outlook 2010 to get at it. Now i have thanks to YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.