How do I import Thunderbird 3.1.4 data (address book etc.) to Outlook 2010?

• Thread starter DavidG77
  • Start date Views 1,209
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DavidG77

Using Windows 7:

How do I accurately import my email address book, mail folders and their emails, and profiles/account data from Thunderbird 3.1.4 to Outlook 2010?

Both programs work individually, but I cannot get Outlook 2010 to import my Thunderbird data (Eight years of business data).

I really need help.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

David

M

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1996763&sid=a165b71e2d17cc47b2c8e5af98eb1a83 should help.

" DavidG77" wrote in message news:db290897-36f1-489d-9372-607db40825e8@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Using Windows 7:

How do I accurately import my email address book, mail folders and their emails, and profiles/account data from Thunderbird 3.1.4 to Outlook 2010?

Both programs work individually, but I cannot get Outlook 2010 to import my Thunderbird data (Eight years of business data).

I really need help.

David

D

DavidG77

Using Windows 7:

I really need help.

David

Dear Ms. Staples,

I appreciate your efforts to help. However, with all due respect you directed me to the Mozilla site where I asked the same question yesterday (actually you sent me to my posting of this same question).
my asking the experts at Mozilla the exact same question (asked them yesterday).

The Mozilla people came back by telling me to look at the same article you directed me too----whereby I would be exporting my mail to an Apple Mail construct (I have Windows 7 on my brand new HP computer).

The folks over at Mozilla also said the following (noted below the Apple based-- link)

See this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Export_mail_i ... Apple_Mail

(Note that it normally the responsibility of the receiving/importing software to provide a way to access legacy data.)

Vista Home Premium 64, FF 3.6.10, TB 3.1.4

------Apparently Mozilla thinks its' Microsoft that should be providing me with an answer here------.

I have tried to connect live with the folks at Microsoft using my product ID number (Accurately) and for the past 2 days and over ten efforts to connect (Microsofts site--> keeps telling me its' incorrect, and go to their site where I can use my credit card).WITH All due respect, I have just used my Credit Card to spend almost 300 dollars on Microsofts Business program/ called Office Suite 2010-which contains the Outlook 2010 which is not allowing me to import any data from Thunderbird.

Further, I was told that transferring the above (see my post to this forum) to OUTLOOK 2010 would not be any trouble.

I StiLL need help.

David

R

Roady [MVP]

The easiest way to transfer your mail would be to place it in an IMAP account (such as Gmail). You can then upload the messages in Thunderbird and download it in Outlook by simply configuring the IMAP account in Outlook.

Contacts can be saved in the vcf-format which Outlook supports as well. Another option is to export them to a csv-file which Outlook can import.

Robert Sparnaaij

M

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

Did you read the IMAP instructions provided there?

" DavidG77" wrote in message news:e82698ba-3269-4d59-b791-ed9c3022380a@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Using Windows 7:

I really need help.

David

Dear Ms. Staples,

I appreciate your efforts to help. However, with all due respect you directed me to the Mozilla site where I asked the same question yesterday (actually you sent me to my posting of this same question).
my asking the experts at Mozilla the exact same question (asked them yesterday).

The Mozilla people came back by telling me to look at the same article you directed me too----whereby I would be exporting my mail to an Apple Mail construct (I have Windows 7 on my brand new HP computer).

The folks over at Mozilla also said the following (noted below the Apple based-- link)

See this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Export_mail_i ... Apple_Mail

(Note that it normally the responsibility of the receiving/importing software to provide a way to access legacy data.)

Vista Home Premium 64, FF 3.6.10, TB 3.1.4

------Apparently Mozilla thinks its' Microsoft that should be providing me with an answer here------.

I have tried to connect live with the folks at Microsoft using my product ID number (Accurately) and for the past 2 days and over ten efforts to connect (Microsofts site--> keeps telling me its' incorrect, and go to their site where I can use my credit card).WITH All due respect, I have just used my Credit Card to spend almost 300 dollars on Microsofts Business program/ called Office Suite 2010-which contains the Outlook 2010 which is not allowing me to import any data from Thunderbird.

Further, I was told that transferring the above (see my post to this forum) to OUTLOOK 2010 would not be any trouble.

I StiLL need help.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.