exchange server 2010

• Thread starter maddy1234
  • Start date Views 921
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maddy1234

hai all,

iam performing the installation of a new exchange server 2010.THe infrastructure was previously having exchange 2003 with domain on 2003 ser

ver,we migrated the domain to a new machine with 2008 r2 and we proceeded the installation of exchange 2010.Now the exchange installation has finished with co existance to the exchange 2003 and am able to move mailboxes also from exchange 2003 to 2010. i m also able to send mails from internet to the

mail boxes on the exchange 2010 and also can send mails from the users who are still on exchange server 2003.The point where iam really stuck is no mails are going out from the exchange server 2010 either to outside or neither to mailboxes on the exchange server 2003.

what could be wrong with this and wats the possible sol for this .do i need to create internal connector which will use exchange 2003 as smarthost ??

but i tried all this possiblities stll mails are going in the queue on the 2010 machine

need help please

thanks

I

ibenna [MVP]

Actually you need to create a SEND connector on Exchange 2010 to allow outbound mail delivery to internet recipients. For mail going to Exchange 2003, open an exchange management shell and run the following command. Post back the results please:

Get-RoutingGroupConnector | FL
Thank you, Ibrahim Benna MCSA+Messaging, MCSE+Messaging, MCT, MVP "Did you backup your Information Store Today?!"

M

maddy1234

Thanks for the reply i will post the output soon.

i dint deploy the exchange server 2010 edge server as of now ,

The plan is to send and receive through the existing exchange 2003 servers(back end & front end ).

is the edge server compulsory or i can as of now use my existing exchange server 2003 to route mails ??

thanks

J

Jonas Andersson [MCITP]

Hi

On the 2003 end, check so the default smtp protocol isn't configured with a smarthost

And for the 2010 to be able to send mails out, you need to delete the existing "send connector" on the 2003 server and create a new one from the EMC/EMS on 2010

Just make sure that the server is allowed to send mail from internal to external, check the firewall rules

Also check so the server will go out to internet with same address as the old server did

Jonas Andersson MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | MCSE/MCSA Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog

M

maddy1234

Hai Jonas,

There is no smarthost on the default smtp virtual adapter on the exchange 2003.

can i send emails both internal and external mails out through my existing 2003 exchange servers ?? is this possible or i have to send mails directly outside from my 2010 hbt server itself ??

i would have given the get-routing group connector output but after updating to sp1 the emc and some commands from emc are missing currently wrkng on it to fix it .

thanks

M

maddy1234

HAi ibenna

This is my get-routing gruop connector o/p

Name SourceRoutingGroup TargetRoutingGroup
---- ------------------ ---------------- EXHBCAS-NAVISION Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR) First Routing Group
NAVISION-EXHBCAS First Routing Group Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR)
[PS] C:\Users\superbdfs>Get-RoutingGroupConnector | FL
RunspaceId : 178fe45f-9fb0-4b9f-a847-f9135abf3155
TargetRoutingGroup : First Routing Group
Cost : 1
TargetTransportServers : {NAVISION}
ExchangeLegacyDN : /o=XXX/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration
/cn=Connections/cn=EXHBCAS-NAVISION
PublicFolderReferralsEnabled : True
SourceRoutingGroup : Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR)
SourceTransportServers : {EXHBCAS}
HomeMTA : Microsoft MTA
HomeMtaServerId : EXHBCAS
MaxMessageSize : unlimited
AdminDisplayName :
ExchangeVersion : 0.1 (8.0.535.0)
Name : EXHBCAS-NAVISION
DistinguishedName : CN=EXHBCAS-NAVISION,CN=Connections,CN=Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR),CN=Routin
g Groups,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=
XXX,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=dutyfree,DC=com
Identity : EXHBCAS-NAVISION
Guid : 62667a26-8e77-47c2-a0a3-334de51b6839
ObjectCategory : XXX.com/Configuration/Schema/ms-Exch-Routing-Group-Connector
ObjectClass : {top, msExchConnector, msExchRoutingGroupConnector}
WhenChanged : 9/21/2010 10:31:03 PM
WhenCreated : 9/21/2010 10:31:03 PM
WhenChangedUTC : 9/21/2010 7:31:03 PM
WhenCreatedUTC : 9/21/2010 7:31:03 PM
OrganizationId :
OriginatingServer : XXX.XXX.com
IsValid : True
RunspaceId : 178fe45f-9fb0-4b9f-a847-f9135abf3155
TargetRoutingGroup : Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR)
Cost : 1
TargetTransportServers : {EXHBCAS}
ExchangeLegacyDN : /o=XXX/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Connections/cn=NA
VISION-EXHBCAS
PublicFolderReferralsEnabled : True
SourceRoutingGroup : First Routing Group
SourceTransportServers : {NAVISION}
HomeMTA : Microsoft MTA
HomeMtaServerId : NAVISION
MaxMessageSize : unlimited
AdminDisplayName :
ExchangeVersion : 0.1 (8.0.535.0)
Name : NAVISION-EXHBCAS
DistinguishedName : CN=NAVISION-EXHBCAS,CN=Connections,CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing Groups,CN=First Adm
inistrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Bahrain Duty Free,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN
=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=XXX,DC=com
Identity : NAVISION-EXHBCAS
Guid : 4874e241-281e-400a-af94-c0bfe178c21c
ObjectCategory : XXX.com/Configuration/Schema/ms-Exch-Routing-Group-Connector
ObjectClass : {top, msExchConnector, msExchRoutingGroupConnector}
WhenChanged : 9/21/2010 10:31:03 PM
WhenCreated : 9/21/2010 10:31:03 PM
WhenChangedUTC : 9/21/2010 7:31:03 PM
WhenCreatedUTC : 9/21/2010 7:31:03 PM
OrganizationId :

navision is my exchange server 2003 hostname and exhbcas is new 2010 server with hub and cas roles installed .

please help me need to enable mail flow through exchange 2003

Thanks

M

maddy1234

hai all,

iam not able to send emails to mailboxes residing on the exchange server 2003 from my mail boxes residing on 2010.

can anyone confirm me that i can send mails from 2010 to internet using a send connector to route external mails thrugh exchange 2003 itself ..is this possible

or do i need to send external directly out from my exchange server 2010 itself.

somebody plese help

mails which are being send to external domain using external send connector which uses exchange 2003 as smarthost are stuck in the queue with the error message

The 'Remote delivery' queue (EXHBCAS\47) on server EXHBCAS is in retry status. Number of message(s) in the queue: 1. Last error information: 451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "421 4.2.1 Unable to connect." Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did not succeed. Either there are no alternate hosts, or delivery failed to all alternate hosts.

please tell me wat iam trying to ahcive is something wrong or this can be done to send external mails from exchange 2010 using external send conenctor in which exchange server 2003 is mentioned as smart host ??

smobody plz help

thanks

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Maddy,
Per your description, you have exchange 2003 front end, I would suggest that you uninstall it firstly.
What about the send connector which used to send email to internet hosted on? Is it on the front end or the back end?
If you want to use the send connector on exchange 2003 server to the internet, you could use the back end, that is you need create a new one.
It is recommended use exchange 2010 CAS server as Jonas referred.
Some related information for you:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638103.aspx
Regards!
Gavin

M

maddy1234

Thanks all for the support,

at last the mail flow is smooth from exchange 2010 .mails are flowing through the exchange server 2003 itself.The problem was with smtp virtual connector settings like authentication and smarthost.Created one external send connector in exchange 2010 to send emails out through smarthost exchange2003.

i have one more query for which iam looking for an answer and i hope somebody can give me an answer.

I moved some mailboxes from 2003 to 2010 and the everything was smooth till now ,i need to move some users back to 2003 from 2010 (which was once moved from 2003 to 2010) now i want to move them back to 2003 server. iam getting the error

"request to move failed " Error code: -2146233088
Couldn't find system mailbox 'SystemMailbox{ae9f26ae-8fba-428a-b2d0-6c69dea8b980}' in Active Directory.

Product Name

Exchange

Product Version

Event ID

Event Source

MSExchange Mailbox Replication

Category

Request

Symbolic Name

RequestFatalFailure

Message Text

Request '%1' (%2) failed.%nError code: %3%n%4%nContext:%n%5

i checked the system mailbox is not present.only smtp (server)guid)) is present.

How can i move some mailboxes back to 2003 after solving this error ....

thanks v much for everybodys help..

i post a reply since this could help someone facing the same problem.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.