Unable to connect to Windows Live Calendar (reported error 0x80041003). Error synchronizing your fo

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JGBail

Recent clean install of Office 2010. Outlook set up went well and worked fine for first two weeks. Last week, MSN email stopped working and the above send/receive error messages appeared:

Unable to connect to Windows Live Calendar (reported error 0x80041003). Error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error: 80041003

I do not know how to correct this situation. Can anyone help?

N

Niyamath Khan

Which version of Outlook connector is installed on the computer?

Are you able to send and receive email account in Outlook?

You may try to remove the account and re-add the MSN email account to check if this helps.

C

Centurain

I have the same problem with Outlook 2007 and Vista. I have the latest OLC vers 14.051*. Thsi problem seems to be all over but no one seems to have an answer or even care that this is an issue. It is making Outlook and Hotmail completely unreliable. If there is no solution, please let us know so that we can migrate to other solutions. Google Calendar seems to be doing okay without any of these issues.

E

Ezil Vinoth

Follow the steps below:

1) Remove the Hotmail account from Outlook. Refer to the link below for information on how to remove accounts from Outlook
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/add-or-remove-an-e-mail-account-HA010354414.aspx

2) Delete the .OST file(s) associated with the Windows Live account

a. Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run

b. Copy and paste the following text in the Open field and then press "Enter":
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

3) Delete the .ost file(s) from the above location and install latest version Outlook connector

4) Now configure the Hotmail account using Outlook connector in Outlook. Refer to the link below for information on how to add Windows Live account in Outlook.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/use-a-windows-live-hotmail-account-in-outlook-HA010354935.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.