HELP WITH MS OUTLOOK - PASSWORD????

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lake Rat

Why am I being asked for a password. Now I am afraid that I have messed with my Outlook so much I may never get it to work again. If I don't get some help quick I am switching to a MAC and I never thought I would say that.

L

Lake Rat

I am using Outlook 2002 version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600, but I just updated after I started having trouble. I was hoping that was the fix I needed, but didn't change. I guess not or I don't use webmail I just don't know. I have it configured for gmail POP mail. I also keep getting an error message about CN Certificate and have not found a solution for it either.

N

Niyamath Khan

What is the operating system? As you have stated it is Windows XP, because Outlook 2002 is not compatible with Windows vista and 7.

Verify if you are able to logon towww.gmail.com with same password.

L

Lake Rat

Isn't Windows XP an operating system or are you asking about something else? I don't know. I can logon to my gmail but I can't logon to Outlook using the same password. Do they have to be the same because I don't think I set them up with the same password? I was able to login to MS Outlook using a different password, but I could not send and receive mail. It asked again for a password and it would not take either one of my passwords.

Now I have always used Outlook Express but I have an iPhone and I in order to sync with my computer I thought I might have to switch to MS Outlook. I was told that you can't use both. But one reason I don't want to switchis because I am a realtor and my Multi Listing Service is set up to send my listings to my customers through Outlook Express.

But I would like to sync all of my iPhone info with my computer if I can get it to work but I understand that you need to have at least MS Office 2003. Now I did try to load Office 2007 (which I don't like) thinking that might have a compatible version of MS Outlook that would work with my iPhone but it didn't appear to change my MS Outlook.

D

Dj Hab

L

Lake Rat

I can login to gmail. with my password not problem. I can login to Outlook with them password that I originally set up for Outlook. I cannot login to Outlook with my gmail password. But when I click on send/receive it asks me for a password again and no password works. Now rather than trying to straighteniing this out would I be better off just deleting all of the old profiles and starting fresh with a new profile. But if I do that will I loose all of my addresses and this is the biggy I currentlly have my MLS system (the site I use for my real estate business to send listings and other infor) will it mess this up?

I have not tried to create a new password. I wouldn't even know how to delete the PSS registry key mentioned in the link. As far as the internet service provider I am on A&T wireless data card or I hook up with a wireless broadband service at my office which is a local server called the Junction. I have check the gmail account settings for Outlook and everything looks correct unless I have overlooked something.

D

Dj Hab

In the existing profile, Click tools / Email accounts / gmail / change / re-type password.

you will not loose the outlook data if you create new profile: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287072 , create new profile for testing purpose.

Only setup gmail account and check if prompts for password.

L

Lake Rat

Hey thanks for your info. I have just been to busy to worry about it. Think I just might give up on it altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.