2010 sp1 legacy activesync fails

• Thread starter Carpadum
  • Start date Views 1,813
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carpadum

2 CAS in array. Fresh new 2010 sp1 install (not RTM). Everything works (owa redirect to legacy) except activesync for legacy devices. Hotfix is on 2003 and integrated auth is enabled on 2003 active sync directory. Using TMG to protect. 2010 activesync works fine if MB is on 2010. Only fails if pointing to legacy. Pointing mobile directly to legacy url works. CAS server showes this error.

Exchange ActiveSync has been disabled for the user domain\username. It's possible the user's mailbox is in the process of being moved. Please either complete the move or have the user remove the partnership from the device using Outlook Web App

The users is not disabled and works if pointed directly at the legacy server. Help PLEASE!

I

ibenna [MVP]

Are these servers (the E2k3 and e2k10 CAS server) in the same AD site? Thank you, Ibrahim Benna MCSA+Messaging, MCSE+Messaging, MCT, MVP " Did you backup your Information Store Today?!"

B

Brian Day MCITP

It is extremely important to include what kind of devices and the version of the OS on the device you are using as not all devices operate the same way and some have known bugs. Let us know and we'll help. :)Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
My posts are provided "AS IS" with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.

C

Carpadum

Yes all servers are in same site. The device that I am testing with is an iPhone 3G 4.1. Something to note...the 2010 servers are in the forest root of AD and the 2003 server is in a child domain in the same forest.

B

Brian Desmond -MVP-

Yes all servers are in same site. The device that I am testing with is an iPhone 3G 4.1. Something to note...the 2010 servers are in the forest root of AD and the 2003 server is in a child domain in the same forest.
Can you paste the entries from the IIS log on the 2010 CAS server which reference the user in question? Typically an error is embedded in there.My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
My Blog - www.briandesmond.com

X

Xiu Zhang

Hi,

Users with mailboxes on an Exchange 2003 server who try to use Exchange ActiveSync through an Exchange 2010 Client Access server will receive an error and be unable to synchronize unless Integrated Windows authentication is enabled on the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync virtual directory on the Exchange 2003 server.

So please verify if you have enable Integrated Windows authentication on Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync virtual directory.

Besides, please try to follow the article below check the other configuration on Exchange 2003 mailbox server.

Upgrading Exchange ActiveSync to Exchange 2010

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2009/12/08/453472.aspx

Regards,

Xiu

C

Carpadum

Opened a case with MS. I was told that because we did not have a true front end 2003 server (all services on one box) we had to decide which service we wanted to use. OWA redirect or Activesync proxy but we could not do both. We were refunded and told this was a BUG. You can only do this if 2003 has both front end and backend servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.