Permissions problems when trying to 'manage Send As' on public folders - Exchange 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JayCrumpGP

I'm getting this error when trying to 'manage Send As'. Anyone have any ideas? We have 400gb of PF data and have to maintain many different end users and Send As permissions across several dozen folders. Thanks in advance.

Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:00:00
domain\user Failed

Error:
Active Directory operation failed on my.domaincontroller.com. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Access is denied.
Active directory response: 00000005: SecErr: DSID-031521D0, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0
The user has insufficient access rights.

I

ibenna [MVP]

I have seen this issue when the User Account Control (UAC) is still enabled on Windows 2008. Try closing the Exchange Management Console and open it by right-clicking on the shortcut from the start menu and selecting to Run As Administrator (using elevated privileges).

Thank you, Ibrahim Benna MCSA+Messaging, MCSE+Messaging, MCT, MVP " Did you backup your Information Store Today?!"

J

JayCrumpGP

Thanks for the quick reply but that doesn't seem to help. When I open the EMC, I always get the prompt to 'allow'. I did right click to 'run as admin' this time and get the same error. This didn't seem to be a problem until lately. Thinking maybe someone mucked with permissions somewhere up the tree.

Has anyone else seen this and run into a quick fix?

J

JayCrumpGP

Answered my own question. ADSIEDIT to the rescue. Upon looking at the 'owner' (security - advanced) in adsiedit for the PF in question, the owner was missing (most likely the ex2003 server that originally hosted the PF).

Manually assigning the server$ object where the PF resides as owner fixed the problem. That's lame, but it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.