Outlook 2010 BCM no longer working after several months of successful use.

• Thread starter vsevans
  • Start date Views 1,971
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vsevans

I've been using Business Contact Manager for Office 2010 for several months now without any problems. All of a suddent today, the shortcut is missing from the Outlook quick launch bar and when I click Contact Management in the folder list, nothing comes up. I'm worried about my database. Before I uninstall and reinstall, I want to be sure I take the necessary steps to back up my database. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on what I should do to ensure I can get my database back up and running again in BCM?

My setup:

Win 7 64-bit

Outlook 2010

Windows updates that were installed this morning:

Update for Win 7 x64 (KB2158563) Security Update for Win 7 x64 (KB2347290) Update for IE8 for Win 7 x64 (KB2398632) Update for Win 7 x64 (KB979538) Update for MSFT Silverlight (KB2416428)

Many thanks!

N

Niyamath Khan

Verify if the business contact manager is add-in is enabled in Outlook.

Open Outlook > File > Business contact manager > Click on enable.

V

vsevans

Hi,

thanks for your response. Unfortunately, " Business Contact Manager" is no longer listed in my File menu. When I go to Outlook Options (File > Options) and look at the Add-Ins page I see two BCM items listed under the " Disabled Application Add-In" heading:

Business Contact Manager for Outlook Business Contact Manager Loader for Outlook

When I select them both to enable them that still doesn't work. I even tried a combination of closing Outlook and getting back in. I also tried to log off and back on. and then I went a step further and enabled the add-ins and rebooted. Nothing worked.

I also tried enabling the add-ins one at a time using the same method above. That didn't work either.

I wonder if I need to reinstall BCM, which I'm happy to do. However, I'm concerned about my database. I want to be sure that will be safe during the reinstall.

Thanks again for your help.

Vickie

N

Niyamath Khan

What happens when you try to check the add-ins to enable, do you get any error message?

You may uninstall Business contact manager and reinstall, do not worry about data base as it will not be lost.

Once you reinstall Business contact manager you can reconnect it to the data base.

V

vsevans

Hi again.

Nothing happens when I check the add-ins and click Ok to get out of the window. No messages. No confirmations. It's almost as if I DIDN'T check them at all.

I went ahead and uninstalled BCM. For my own sanity, I went to File > Options > Add-ins in Outlook to see if the add-ins were still there under the Disabled Add-ins title and they weren't. There weren't listed anywhere in the Add-ins window. So I know BCM was uninstalled.

After I reinstalled BCM I got a message saying that it was installed successfully. Then it instructed me to open Outlook to finish the installation. I expected to see the setup wizard for BCM within Outlook but nothing happened. I got nothing at all when I opened Outlook...other than the standard Outlook application. I didn't get any messages, wizards or options to complete the BCM setup. When I go to File > Options again, the add-ins are there but they are listed under the Disabled Add-Ins title again. When I try to select them, it lets me put a check mark there but when I save the options, close the window and then go back into Add-ins, they are still disabled.

Something is preventing me from enabling the add-ins.

Any thoughts?

S

Sanwin2

Hi again.

Nothing happens when I check the add-ins and click Ok to get out of the window. No messages. No confirmations. It's almost as if I DIDN'T check them at all.

I went ahead and uninstalled BCM. For my own sanity, I went to File > Options > Add-ins in Outlook to see if the add-ins were still there under the Disabled Add-ins title and they weren't. There weren't listed anywhere in the Add-ins window. So I know BCM was uninstalled.

After I reinstalled BCM I got a message saying that it was installed successfully. Then it instructed me to open Outlook to finish the installation. I expected to see the setup wizard for BCM within Outlook but nothing happened. I got nothing at all when I opened Outlook...other than the standard Outlook application. I didn't get any messages, wizards or options to complete the BCM setup. When I go to File > Options again, the add-ins are there but they are listed under the Disabled Add-Ins title again. When I try to select them, it lets me put a check mark there but when I save the options, close the window and then go back into Add-ins, they are still disabled.

Any thoughts?

BCM only became available for single users last week, prior to that is was only available for volume users. Are you sure you are not using an expired Beta version? Just a thought.

V

vsevans

Good thought! I was using the version from TechNet Downloads as I am an Office MCT. I've been successfully using the version from TechNet up until a day or two ago. In case a beta expiration was the issue, I went ahead and downloaded the iso from TechNet again today and that install didn't work either.

By the way, I'm using Office Professional 2010. Everything has worked for me until this week.

Any other ideas?

J

Joe's answer

When I go to File > Options again, the add-ins are there but they are listed under the Disabled Add-Ins title again. When I try to select them, it lets me put a check mark there but when I save the options, close the window and then go back into Add-ins, they are still disabled.

Once you enable the Addins, Outlook has to restarted to get the BCM Wizard, As mentioned by 'Niyamath' have you tried Click on File > Business Contact Manager > Enable BCM Addin

Try restarting the computer in clean boot and check if any non-Microsoft program could be conflicting with the Addin

Refer the article below on how to start the computer in clean boot

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting in clean boot, do not forget to reset the computer to start as usual:

If not Uninstall Business Contact Manager from the control panel > Program and features and then manually delete the registery keys mentioned below if found in the registery

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\94384B4E561A7904D887CA59B08D36E8

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\AD7FB0504C28A6142849A7EF8BDE491E

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Business Solutions eCRM

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.4

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.NativeConnect.4

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Business Solutions eCRM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Business Solutions eCRM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.NativeConnect.4

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\94384B4E561A7904D887CA59B08D36E8

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\AD7FB0504C28A6142849A7EF8BDE491E

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{050BF7DA-82C4-416A-8294-7AFEB8ED94E1}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E4B48349-A165-4097-8D78-AC950BD8638E}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Business Contact Manager

Also check if these registery keys are present and delete it if you are able to find them

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\94384B4E561A7904D887CA59B08D36E8

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\AD7FB0504C28A6142849A7EF8BDE491E

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{050BF7DA-82C4-416A-8294-7AFEB8ED94E1}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E4B48349-A165-4097-8D78-AC950BD8638E}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Business Contact Manager

Restart the computer and try installing Business contact Manager 2010 and check if it helps

V

vsevans

Once you enable the Addins, Outlook has to restarted to get the BCM Wizard, As mentioned by 'Niyamath' have you tried Click on File > Business Contact Manager > Enable BCM Addin

the problem is that I am unable to " enable" the Addins. As a result, " Business Contact Manager" isn't on the File menu.

I'll try the clean reboot and let you know what happens. thanks for the suggestion!

J

Joe's answer

Check if the addin is disabled

Click on file > Options > Addins > select disabled items and click go and check if have an addin for BCM listed

If Yes, enable it and close and restart Outlook

and check if it shows up on the File menu

V

vsevans

That's my problem. I'm unable to " enable" the add-ins. This is what I reported happens (and still happens)....

Something is definitely preventing me from enabling the add-ins. Any thoughts? Do you still think a clean reboot would help?

J

Joe's answer

Were you able to find the addin for BCM in disabled items

You could try the clean boot just to verify if any non- microsoft program could be interfering with enabling the addin

Status
Not open for further replies.