Microsoft Outlook 2002 - PST file issues

• Thread starter jon0111387
  • Start date Views 529
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jon0111387

I have Microsoft Outlook 2002 and as of yesterday I have started getting this error message when I try and dismiss my calendar events that they are unable to dismiss them and that my PST file has reached its maximum limit and that I should delete files. After deleting all of the files that I am capable of deleting I'm still having this problem.

Also when I try and Send\Receive messages I get an unknown error (0x8004060C).

I have tried to do a repair on the PST file but the program (pstscan.exe) locks up and freezes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

G

GordonBP

After deleting all of the files that I am capable of deleting I'm still having this problem.

Did you empty the Deleted Items folder and then compact the pst file?

J

jon0111387

Do you mean compress the pst file? And yes my deleted folder is empty.

J

jon0111387

Ok I found the Microsoft Support Article on how to compact the file but when I go into Data Management in OutLook I get an error message that says "There was an error locating one of the items needed to complete this operation. It might have been deleted." I don't know why I am receiving this error nothing has been deleted recently.

R

Ruchi Bisht

No, you will not lose any data since it is saved in the hard drive of the system.

Once the new PST file is created, click on tools->Email Account settings->click next for View or change e-mail accounts at the bottom click on the down arrow for personal folders and select the second personal folder and click next->finish.

Click ok.

Close and open Outlook.

Ruchi Bisht

Status
Not open for further replies.