I've had to create another Administrator file, because someone accedentily put a password onto my e-mail. I still can not recieve or send e-mails

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unoturkey

Some one put a password onto my e-mail account by accident. I contacted Dell support and had to create another Administrator file. We were able to copy my files to desktop. I still can not sent or recieve e-mails. However, Windows Live doesn't have a problem sending the headline news. I don't know how to turn off the Windows live. Could someone please assist me with my troubles?

G

GordonBP

Some one put a password onto my e-mail account by accident.

Eh? How? Do you allow unrestricted access to your computer? What EXACTLY do you mean by "Some one put a password onto my e-mail account "? Have you asked whoever did that for the password?
I contacted Dell support and had to create another Administrator file.

Presumably by "administrator file" you mean a new Windows User.

Never go to Dell support for this type of problem - they are RUBBISH. There was absolutely NO NEED to do that at all.
However, Windows Live doesn't have a problem sending the headline news.

And what on earth do you mean by that?

You need to provide a great deal more information such as are you using the web-based Windows Live (ie you access Hotmail via Internet Explorer) or are you using Windows Live Mail (the desktop Email client)?

N

Niyamath Khan

Which email client do you use to send/receive emails, is Outlook or Outlook Express?

What type of email account is configured? E.g. POP/IMAP/Exchange

When do you get the password prompt, is it while opening the email program or while sending/receiving emails?

Provide more information on the issue so that we can assist you in better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.