Public folder name is not valid in Exchange 2010 after upgraded from Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blueinjazz

I have one Exchange 2003 server which is the standard single server installation. Now I have installed a new Exchange 2010 with typical installation option to join Exchange 2003 orgnization.

I run Update-GlobalAddressList " Default Global Address List" on Exchange 2010 and got following messages:

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Update-GlobalAddressList " Default Global Address List"
WARNING: The recipient " TestDomain/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 2" is invalid and couldn't be updated.
WARNING: The recipient " TestDomain/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 3a" is invalid and couldn't be updated.
WARNING: The recipient " TestDomain/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Offline Address Book - \/o=First
Organization\/cn=addrlists\/cn=oab" is invalid and couldn't be updated.
WARNING: The recipient " TestDomain/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Offline Address Book - First Administrative Group"
is invalid and couldn't be updated.
WARNING: The recipient " TestDomain/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Schedule+ Free Busy Information - First
Administrative Group" is invalid and couldn't be updated.

All of those are the name of system public folders in Exchagne 2003. Exchange 2010 think the name is invaild because it contains character as " /" and " +" .

How should I address this? Should I change the names? But they are system public folders, I am worring changing names may causing more issues.
 
M

Mike Crowley

Have you moved the oab generation server to the 2010 server yet?

Mike Crowley
Check out My Blog!
 
B

blueinjazz

Yes. I have use command

Move-OfflineAddressBook " Default Offline Address List" -Server exch2010srv

to move the oab to be generated on exchange 2010 server.
 
M

Mike Crowley [MVP]

Thanks for the bump, I got distracted!

Have you added a replica of these folders to your 2010 mailbox server yet?

You may try creating a new OAB to see if the issue persists (you don"t have to distribute it to anyone).

Mike Crowley
Check out My Blog!
 
M

Malvaroth

I've 'fixed' this one by changing the query filters for the Address Lists.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc164366(EXCHG.80).aspx (standard article for upgrading your address lists)

Then modify the one for the GAL to not include Public Folders:

Set-GlobalAddressList ..bla..bla.. -or ObjectClass -eq 'group'))}

If you get the lovely error stating you can't perform this action:

-fire up ADSIEdit.msc
-Work your way over to: CN=Configuration,dc=yourdomain/CN=Services/CN=Microsoft Exchange/CN=yourorganization/CN=Address Lists Container/CN=All Global Address Lists.

-Change the property msExchRecipientFilterFlags from 3 to 0
-retry your address list modification
-change msExchRecipientFilterFlags back to 3

That fixed it for me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top