Exporting Contacts in Outlook 2003

• Thread starter bdatkinson
  • Start date Views 753
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bdatkinson

When I try to export contacts from Outlook 2003 it says the feature is not installed and asks if I wish to install it. I've got the program CD so I say yes. The program briefly flashes to another message screen and then goes back to where I can press next to continue exporting. Whatever it did in the brief flash of the other screen does not import whatever is needed to install this feature as I get the same message that the feature is not installed. Any ideas on how to fix this. I've tried going into the detect and repair function on Outlook but that says it can't find the right files either. I'm using Windows XP and Outlook 2003.

G

GordonBP

Not an answer per se, but may I ask what your purpose is in exporting in the first place?

Karl Timmermans

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Have you tried running the setup process from the CD directly (or via Control Panel Add/Remove Programs) - then use setup Add/Remove functions ensuring that the Outlook import/export filters are selected?
"

B

bdatkinson

Yes I have. After some additonal research it appears that the local installation source is gone or has been corrupted so that the programs will not read it. I have downloaded Microsoft's LISTool.exe program in hopes that it would restore the file but that has not seemed to work. I cannot intstall from the disk or go through control panel as I get the same error message that the local installation source cannot be found.

Karl Timmermans

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3

Perhaps this may be of some use to get your installation issue squared away (uninstall and then re-install)

How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Should you need your contact info in a hurry - the export function in ContactGenie Toolkit will enable you to export the info to a CSV file which you can then import into Access
http://www.contactgenie.com/toolkit_4_outlook.htm (no license required for the export function)

"

N

Natasha Dsouza

Try the steps mentioned below and that should resolve the issue:

Click Start > Control Panel > Programs (Programs and Features) > Right click on Microsoft Office 2003 in the currently installed programs list, and then click Change.

Select add or remove features > Click next > Click the check box 'Choose advanced customization of applications' > Click next > Right click on Office select 'Run all from my computer'.

Status
Not open for further replies.