Outlook Connector Update Killed MY Outlook 2007 display

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TigerWizard

After the Outlook Conector update that would not allow OUtlook 2007 to open for use until it was run appears to be why I cannot get the Main Display of Outlook 2007 to show on my screen. When I click on it in the thrumnails at the bottom of my screen (running WIN 7 Home Prem, 32 bit) the OUTLOOK displa can be seen flyer off to the left and sometime to the right beyond the display. I cannot pick it up with the cursor, if it is there to get. The reminders show up on my screen and so did the Send and Receive screen when Outlook was being closed to allow the update to run.

I am disstressed. Is this happening all over after this update? It is WIN 7 or the update? I doubt it is Office Outlook 7.

I cannot get to my email, addresses or calendar. I can see the data it there in the thrumbnail.

Brenda W Tigerwizards@comcast.net; eyeseewigs@hotmail.com

N

Niranjan I K

Try opening outlook in application safe mode and check if the issue occurs. To open outlook in application safe, click start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Press and hold the Ctrl key and click "Microsoft Office Outlook 2007". If everything works fine in outlook safe mode, then disable the add-in(s). For information on disabling add-in(s) in outlook check the Microsoft link below:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA100341271033.aspx#9

If this step did not work, create a new profile for outlook and then check if it resolves your issue. Click here for information on creating outlook profiles.

T

TigerWizard

Thanks. I did this and I moved one of my large archive PST folders off line. Once I tried to disable an add-in I had another issue to learn because it wanted ADM permission and I sure have it. On using ADM (for the machine): Sadly, my memory is so poor that I don't remember how to it, where I found it and never tried it because I could not remember how long enough. I am sure if I ever need it, I will search and find it again. Anyway, removing the huge archive folder made all the difference. I then uninstalled the Connector and I doubt I will re-install it. it is one more server to slow down the start up of Outlook and most of it is near junk mail.

Brenda W, The aging brain is not always working.

Brenda W, Tigerwizards@comcast.net; eyeseewigs@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.