delete messages off server when downloaded to Outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eldo1960

How do I set Outlook so that when messages are received to Outlook

from my internet provider mail they are deleted from the provider mailbox?

M

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

Under your Account properties, there is an option to remove from server. Depending on your version of Outlook, it is on the Advanced tab of the Account Properties. Where to find this option is version dependent.

"eldo1960" wrote in message news:c325d693-1be5-4458-9963-71683e4d0c15@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

How do I set Outlook so that when messages are received to Outlook

from my internet provider mail they are deleted from the provider mailbox?

G

Guruprasad Ra

Adding to Milly"s Suggestion, the Advanced tab in the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box lets you set the delivery settings to let you read a message, but leaves the message on the server for a specified time.

This feature is especially helpful if you use the same e-mail account from more than one computer. By default, Outlook 2010 enables this feature and sets the time limit to 14 days on the server before copies of messages are removed. If you do not want to keep copies of messages on the server, clear the Leave a copy of messages on this server check box.

Open Outlook > Click on File > Account settings > Select the Email account > Click on Change > More Settings > Advanced > Delivery > Choose the appropriate options.

Status
Not open for further replies.