Had Outlook Connector working, it asked for upgrade repeatedly. Uninstalled and tried to download-reinstall and it doesn't read my live.com email or

• Thread starter Patwithconnectorquestion
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Patwithconnectorquestion

I download and install outlook connect it appears to have installed. When I bring up Outlook connector shows on the bar on the top. But it does not prompt me to configure connector. Nothing happens.

I tried adding my live.com as an email account and it never reads live email and doesn't show the deleted items, drafts, inbox etc like it did before.

What should I do to get this to work.

E

Ezil Vinoth

Uninstall Outlook connector from your computer and follow the steps below.

1) Remove the Hotmail account from Outlook. Refer to the link below for information on how to remove accounts from Outlook
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012316341033.aspx

2) Delete the .OST file(s) associated with the Windows Live account
a. Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run
b. Copy and paste the following text in the Open field and then press "Enter":
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

3) Delete the .ost file(s) from the above location and install latest version Outlook connector.
4) Now configure the Hotmail account using Outlook connector in Outlook. Refer to the link below for information on how to add Windows Live account in Outlook.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102218231033.aspx

P

Patwithconnectorquestion

I did as you instructed. During the installation it did NOT come up with the box for my email address that came up the first time I installed outlook connector. When I opened outlook it did not have my live.com account in the list. So I added it. It is not expanded to show inbox, calendar, deleted items etc. I cannot receive email thru outlook from live.com. If I click on the live.com account name it comes up with

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location.

I appreciate your help any thing else I can do.

E

Ezil Vinoth

During the installation you will not get any prompt to configure email account.

Post installation, click on Tools > Account Settings > select the account type as Other > Outlook Connecter and setup the Live account via Outlook Connector.

Note: the problem mailbox which currently appears needs to be fixed by removing the .ost files using the steps suggested previously.

P

Patwithconnectorquestion

I deleted the .ost file

With Outlook 2003 when I click on tools there is no Account Settings or Account type Other

I see tools> email accounts - ADD ACCOUNT then there are choices
MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SERVER
POP3
IMAP
HTTP
ADDITIONAL SERVER TYPES

THEN THAT WILL LEAD ME TO ANOTHER SCREEN WHERE IT WANTS INCOMING MAIL SERVER NAME, OUTGOING MAIL SERVER NAME

I'D APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT AS TO WHAT TO ENTER TO ADD LIVE.COM

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

Once you install the latest version of Outlook Connector you will see the "Outlook Connector" tab; click on it and then on "Add account" to create your Hotmail account.

Status
Not open for further replies.