exporting and importing email accounts Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PTS123

I have a local install of Outlook 2010 and I use five different email accounts for seperate pop3 type domain email all stored in a single .pst file. I want to export the email accoutns to wipe this PC and do a new install of Outlook.

But, I would rather not have to recreate these e-mail accounts one at a time. Importing a single file to get them all, would be great . . . help

Jerry - KC

R

Russ Valentine

Account information is not stored in the PST file. It is stored in the registry. There is no reliable way to transfer that information. You should always create your accounts from scratch in a new installation.Russ Valentine

P

PTS123

I knew the .pst file did not hold the e-mail accounts. I only put that in there so people wpould know that all emails are stored in a single file. Back in Outlook 2003 I used to do an export, but not sure about how to do it in 2010. I read somewhere there is a 3rd party app to do this, but not sure where I saw it?Jerry - KC

R

Russ Valentine

To repeat, email account information is stored in the registry. It cannot be transferred reliably. Many utilities have tried. All have failed, even Microsoft's. If you want a new installation of Outlook to work, you will create your mail accounts from scratch. I'm just telling you the way it is, not the way we would like it to be.Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.