Newbie to Outlook--moving files off exchange server to local drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jachamp

Good day,

I am new to Outlook 2007 after spending 10 years working in a Novell environment using Groupwise. Can someone show me where I can find information or simply tell me how I can solve the following issue?

I am supporting a user who receives large files in Outlook 2007 off of an Exchange Server. With that said, he is constantly going over his 100MB mailbox limit. I have no control over mailbox size and can only help him by moving his files off of his Exchange folder and his "Inbox" to his Personal folder and store them on his local PC's hard drive.

What I need is an automated method where the user's email comes in and gets pulled off of the Exchange server and stored on the local drive. It also needs to move the email from the Inbox folder and store it instead in a Personal folder with a subfolder called Inbox. I wish I could screenshot it but with this being Sunday and not having remote access....I'm sorry.

Thanks for any help and please let me know if I have not given you guys enough information to assist.

john

There's a black lab under my desk

T

TWHarrington

I am using Outlook 2010, but I believe the setting is the same in Outlook 2007. If you open up the Account Settings for your profile, On the email tab at the bottom of that dialog, there is a "Change Folder" button. Here you can set a PST and all email will be delivered to a local PST.

J

jachamp

Thank you. I tried that but there is no "Change Folder" button on that screen. It is Outlook 2007.

We are having to push the data manually from the Inbox to the Personal Archive folder.

If there is some information I may not be providing that you need, please let me know.

Thank you,

john

There's a black lab under my desk

C

CipherMan

Sounds like you would do well with the Auto Archive feature. You can schedule it to run at a regular interval and you can manually run it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.