microsoft outlook is requesting data from the server

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SDSltd

Hi,

I have a SBS 2008 box with exchange 2007 and all clients running win 7 with outlook 2010. Today when I came in, no one had email as they were all sat in an exchange queue. I rebooted the sbs box and after restarting outlook on the local machines, email came through.

However, all clients are now showing a hourglass icon in the notification area and displaying a " microsoft outlook is requesting data from the server" message. looking at logons within exchange shell, it is only showing logins from the client if outlook is closed and then re-opened.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

M

Mike Crowley [MVP]

If closing and opening Outlook solves this problem, I'd just instruct your users to do that. Is this reoccuring, or just a 1-time problem?

Mike Crowley
Check out My Blog!

S

SDSltd

All closing and opening outlook does is force a 1 time check. All my users have emails dropping in all day so that wouldn't be feasible. OWA incidentally works as normal. I have found what I think to be a cause - this server is backed up by a separate DPM server (both virtual). The DPM server is failing into a saved state and locking the SBS server with a " creating vss snapshot set" status. If I find the fix i'll post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.