____Incorrect Live ID preventing Outlook from Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jalapeno 95

I recently installed Office 2007. While setting up the Outlook Connector to integrate my Hotmail with Outlook I incorrectly spelled my email address. Now when Outlook loads, it attempts to check the Hotmail address, and then provides me this error message.

"Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The file C:\Users\HOMEPC\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\mispelledemail_hotmail.ost is not an offline folder file.

How can I go back and re-configure email set-up, and type in the correct email address so Outlook Connector actually retreives the email from outlook? Right now, the program simply closes out once I hit OK. It does not allow me to stay in outlook after it cannot get to the file.

I have already uninstalled office, and re-installed it hoping that would allow me to put in the LiveID again.

Thanks,

Jalapeno

Windows 7

Office 2007
Outlook Connector
32 bit

S

Surya Prasad Vemulapalli

Try creating a new profile in outlook and try to re-configure your email account and check if it helps.

J

Jalapeno 95

That solved the problem. Outlook would not open so I was having problems configuring it. Thanks for showing me how to configure Outlook without actually having the program running.

G

Goutam_India

I am writing some simple steps, follow and get out of your problem Go to ->control panel(click on-view by small icon so that u have more option there) ->Click on Mail(32bit) option(It will pop up a new window,showing a general tab,there u can see a default profile,just delete it) ->Now go back and open ur outlook. I think it surely works for u. GOOD LUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.