I am having trouble sending my e-mails in Outlook 2007. I can receive them, but not send. My internet provider says they can't help me. What to do?

• Thread starter Marilyn Ploch
  • Start date Views 873
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marilyn Ploch

I am having trouble sending my e-mails in Outlook 2007. I can receive them, but not send. My internet provider says they can't help me. What to do?

J

JohnnyBuckUncleF

When I ran a test on the account that I'm using it say the "Receive" tested ok. But this is the message I get on the "Send" status:

"Send test e-mail message: The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or ISP."

When I set it up at work everything worked perfectly, now that I'm at home I can only recieve messages, not send them.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

It's possible that your ISP only allows outgoing mail from its own network. In other words if your mail host is Time Warner but you're using AT&T DSL at home it's possible that Time Warner is rejecting outgoing mail sent from the other network.

Another possibility is that you may have to configure Outlook to log into the server before sending. On the Outgoing Server tab of your account settings you should see a checkbox for "Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail." Worth a try.

J

JohnnyBuckUncleF

My mail host and ISP are the same for home and work. I've tried all of the account setting that are available to use. I don't know what else to do. I even deleted the account and set it back up.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

The other possibility is that your firewall at home is blocking outbound SMTP traffic. Have you checked that?

Status
Not open for further replies.