DAG IP address

• Thread starter CKZ-NLD
  • Start date Views 2,319
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CKZ-NLD

Is there a way to change the IP addresses in an already configured DAG?

Or do I need to break down the existing DAG and build it over again? My question is because I added on both servers another NIC.
And I want to use this IP address instead of the older one. I don't want to change the primairy IP address for this to work.

TIA

L

lAdK

of course, in exchange 2010 sp1 you can change it from the GUI

emc -> org config -> DAG

then right click properties on the dag -> IP address

if you are running RTM

get-databaseavailabilitygroup | Set-DatabaseAvailabilityGroup -DatabaseAvailabilityGroupIpAddresses ipv4

Full time IT consultant since 1998 mainly on Exchange\ISA\AD MCSE NT4.0,2000/2003, CCNA MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2007/2010 MCT since 2001

C

CKZ-NLD

Thanks foor the reply. But I need to change the Network Interfaces added to the DAG Network.

But it seems that the DAG needs to be rebuild with the new NIC's.

Thnx

L

lAdK

sorry in your original post you only said you wanted to change the IPs. you mean you want to change the physical NICs?

if so no issues just make sure to remove the IPs from the old ones, and reassign them on the new ones

Full time IT consultant since 1998 mainly on Exchange\ISA\AD MCSE NT4.0,2000/2003, CCNA MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2007/2010 MCT since 2001

C

CKZ-NLD

Still no update.

It seems I need to clear the actual DAG cfg and rebuild it again with the new NIC's.

Can I delete a DAG cfg without any issues with the databases? I will activate the right DB on the initial server.

Anyone?

C

CKZ-NLD

Configured the system with a new IP set from a different subnet.
This IP address was detected almost instantly, and I configured this new network with replication and the old one without replication.
And of course all the settings disabled on the NIC concerning the DAG sync.

It seems that changing a configured NIC to another one in the same subnet is not possible.

Thanks all for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.