One E-mail address not working

• Thread starter DorisWong1
  • Start date Views 1,029
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DorisWong1

A single e-mail address in our Exchange database is not working. The e-mail address is a distribution group following all the same settings as the others. However, every mail send to the particular address returns an "Undeliverable" message.

The e-mail address is: info@doriswong.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

R

Rajith Enchiparambil

By default, groups have a security feature in 2010. External senders wont be able to email to the group, but internal users can.

If you want to open it for all users, take thr group properties, navigate to "message delivery restrictions" in the "mail flow" tab and UNCHECK the option that "senders should be authenticated".

Give exchange some time to pick up the change and send an email.

Rajith Enchiparambil | http://www.howexchangeworks.com |

G

Gulab Mallah

Hi,

Make sure that it is Universal Distribution Group or you can send receive email for the group.

-Gulab

D

DorisWong1

I have removed the authenticated restriction already and it is a universal group. I cannot send messages from either internal or external sources.

G

Gulab Mallah

Can you post the Distribution Group just to check the settings.

-Gulab

D

DorisWong1

I don't know how to "post the Distribution Group". Please let me know how.

Below I will include the rejection message from the internal email.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

info
The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Check the address and try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: Wolf.doriswong.local

IMCEAEX-_O=DORIS+20WONG_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Info@doriswong.local
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Original message headers:
Received: from Wolf.doriswong.local ([fe80::75be:b42b:e811:f728]) by
Wolf.doriswong.local ([fe80::75be:b42b:e811:f728%11]) with mapi; Wed, 13 Oct
2010 11:06:53 -0400
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
From: "Christopher D. Cavallacci" <ccavallacci@doriswong.com >
To: info <info@doriswong.com >
Subject: Test
Thread-Topic: Test
Thread-Index: Actq6IpaB5kEux1ESl6poTK7knPpVw==
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:08:49 -0400
Message-ID: <D4E20468F7B8544B97D63C9990154B561B8072@Wolf.doriswong.local >
Accept-Language: en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <D4E20468F7B8544B97D63C9990154B561B8072@Wolf.doriswong.local >
MIME-Version: 1.0

G

Gulab Mallah

How many users are there in the group, are you getting the same NDR for other DG?

-Gulab

D

DorisWong1

Gulab,

Right now I only have one user for testing purposes. And I am not getting the same NDR for the other groups.

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

Can you receive the messages if you use another SMTP email address for this DL?

This NRD returns if the email address 'info@doriswong.com' is using by another recipient.

Please try the following steps:

1. Open EMC, expand to Distribution Group, right click this problem DG and choose properties.

2. In the E-mail Addresses tab, add the SMTP address such as info1@doriswong.com. Then click Apply.

3. Remove the info@doriswong.com' and then add it back. Do you get the error message such as "The Proxy address "smtp: info@doriswong.com' is already being used by xxx"

If yes, please remove the SMTP from this recipient which is using the email address info@doriswong.com'.

If you does not get such error message, please use LDP tool to search for this email address:

The Ldp GUI tool is included when you install Windows Server 2003 Support Tools from the product CD or from the Microsoft Download Center (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=100114).

1. Open LDP.

2. On the Connection menu, click Connect.

3. Type in the server name of a domain controller in the enterprise, verify that the port setting is set to 389, click to clear the Connectionless check box, and then click OK. Once the connection is complete, server-specific data is displayed in the right pane.

4. On the Connection menu, click Bind. Type the user name, password, and domain name (in DNS format) in the appropriate boxes (you may need to select the Domain check box), and then click OK. If the binding is successful, you should receive a message similar to "Authenticated as dn:'YourUserID'" in the right pane.

5. On the Browse menu, click Search.

6. The Base DN is the starting point in the Active Directory hierarchy at which your search will begin. In the Base DN box, type

CN=users,dc=<var>mydomain</var>,dc=<var>com</var>

replacing <var>mydomain</var> and <var>com</var> with the appropriate domain name. NOTE: the domain name for the Base DN when searching the Schema will always be for the root domain of the forest.

7. In the Filter box, type

(proxyAddresses=SMTP:info@doriswong.com)

8. In Scope section, select "Subtree".

9. Click Run.

What's result? Do you get more than one search results?

More information about how to use LDP, please refer the following KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224543

D

DorisWong1

Gen Lin,

I cannot download that tool. I did all that you said in the first part. It let me delete and recreate the email address info@doriswong.com

I ran a diagnostics from the Exchange tools menu and exported it to an XML document. I can e-mail that to you or copy and paste the contents.

I was able to create an e-mail address in the DG named info1@doriswong.com and successfully received all test e-mails sent to it.

G

Gen Lin

Status
Not open for further replies.