owa failed to initialize after install of rollup 1 for exchage sp1

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LA1976

First the installation halted on starting the services.. after some time we killed it..

Then all services started except for owa

Outlook Web App failed to load the following theme folder: E:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\owa\14.1.255.0\themes\base

The following files are missing: premium.css, gradienth.png, gradientv.png, csssprites.css, csssprites.png, csssprites2.css, csssprites2.png

I had to manually copy the old owa from sp1 version into the updated folder and deleted owa with powershell and created it with powershell.

It is just for mentioning this.

L

LA1976

Somewhere I read that the rollup should fix the following errors but it does not

Current User: 'domain\extest_f121212112c1'

Exchange Control Panel detected an invalid canary from request for URL 'https://exchangeserver/ecp/RulesEditor/InboxRules.svc/GetList'.

Canary in cookie: 'c14522c3-080d-4a59-8d56-4e1d6dd140d4' mismatch with canary in header/form: ''.

S

Steve Goodman

Hiya,

The Canary message won't be fixed in a RU soon as far as I have heard but may be fixed in a RU or backported from a future SP. It isn't serious enough to worry about.

Steve

Steve Goodman
Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

I

Iosub

First the installation halted on starting the services.. after some time we killed it..

Then all services started except for owa

Outlook Web App failed to load the following theme folder: E:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\owa\14.1.255.0\themes\base

The following files are missing: premium.css, gradienth.png, gradientv.png, csssprites.css, csssprites.png, csssprites2.css, csssprites2.png

I had to manually copy the old owa from sp1 version into the updated folder and deleted owa with powershell and created it with powershell.

It is just for mentioning this.

I got the same problem.
Outlook Web App failed to load the following theme folder: F:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\owa\14.1.255.0\themes\arctc

Also, I was missing the files posted on:
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2010/09/01/456094.aspx

4 The Missing Exchange Management Shell Shortcut
I have copy all of them to the bin directory and deinstall and install again the Rollup1..

same problem
Maybe is a problem because the SP1 setup was not correct?

also

on the UpdateCas.log
I'm getting
17:04:24] Updating ECP to version 14.0.702.0
[17:04:24] Copying files from 'F:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\ecp\Current' to 'F:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\ecp\14.0.702.0'
[17:04:24] Update ECP done.
[19:33:27] ***********************************************
[19:33:27] * UpdateCas.ps1: 14/10/2010 19:33:27
[19:33:27] Error updating OWA/ECP: The term 'Get-ExchangeServer' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
[22:27:19] ***********************************************

The strange thing is that if I run 'Get-ExchangeServer' on the PShell I don't get an error..

How can I fix it?

Thanks!

iosu

F

Frank Carius [MVP]

Hello all the users with not running OWA. Start an exchange powershell shell and run

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\UpdateCas.ps1

again. it helped at my system

Exchange MVP www.msxfaq.net

L

LA1976

what is this doing...?

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\UpdateCas.ps1

S

Steve Goodman

Hiya,

This script handles OWA/ECP updates, copying the new items and updating the IIS metabase.

Steve

Steve Goodman
Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

L

LA1976

Will this work if the folders are empty after the upgrade.. will it fill the folders and upgrade them?

F

Frank Carius [MVP]

Thats, what it is doing.

It has done that for me and my customers.

And the script is digitally signed, so you can be sure it is from microsoft. It looks like the RU1 Update has an issue starting that script. in the " right" powershell with the Exchange extensions.

There is an error at the beginning and the end, because the script imports a PSSNAPIN which is wrong.
So start it from an Exchange Managemnet Shell , not a plain powershell

Frank

J

Jörgen Hjärtenflo

Thank you a lot ! Really annoying to have these problems after a recommended update.

After running the ps1 file, everything works like a charm !

Jörgen Hjärtenflo

Jörgen Hjärtenflo

E

Eric Hibar Sr

I dont seem to have this script anywhere. Can someone copy & paste the contents?

F

Frank Carius [MVP]

It ist part of any exchange 2010 SP1 Installation on your server

is has to bin on C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\UpdateCas.ps1

If it is not there, than you should not run it, " Repair" your Exchange installation first, because i assume, that there are more things missing

E

Ebor Computing

Hi everyone,

I have almost finished a migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010, on two different servers co-existing (reasonably) happily at the moment. I too have this " dreaded" red box / missing image thing happening with OWA.

The only instance of this UpdateCas.ps1 file is found in C:\Temp\Exchange_extracted_files\setup\serverroles\common\ - not anywhere else on my system. I ran that in the Exchange Power Shell and it appeared to complete successfully, but restarting IIS v7.5 with " iisreset" yielded no change.

I have Exchange v14.1.255.0 on the file system (and in missing URLs on webpages), but checking the console shows v14.1.218.13 - almost like some things didn't quite update correctly?

Under E:\ExchangeServer\ClientAccess\Owa I have:
v14.0.639.21 v14.1.218.13, and v14.1.255.0

Out-of-the-box authentication didn't work (just sat at a redirect page with zero bytes returned to browser), so changing authentication resulted in a small box pop up for user/pass. I can now login, but just get the page with poor layout, red boxes, and no links working.

Sounds remarkably similar to these above, so would love some specific help.

Thanks in advance,

E

Ebor Computing

Windows Updates in it's magic applied Update Rollup 1 to Exchange SP1 for me. I had assumed it knew what it was doing... It reports all went well, so I didn't question it.

I don't have a cluster of Exchange Servers either, so the DAG modifications are all met with errors about clusters.

Status
Not open for further replies.