Sending an email from a website??

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jcsuQB12

I recently switched to Office 2010 and I am having problems sending an email from websites that have email links. The error message that I am getting states that another version of Outlook is in use and this is the only version I have. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Removed email address for privacy

V

Vinay - G

Check if you have set outlook as the default email client:

Click on internet explorer->tools->internet options->programs->set Programs->Set default programs->Click on outlook and set it as default program.

Click on start->Default programs->Set program access and defaults->Select outlook under email programs.

J

jcsuQB12

I'm not sure. I just installed the program after having my system re-imaged. Outlook 2007 worked fine, but 2010 is giving me this message. I tried to change the default setting as well and still get the same error message. The site I am going to is:

http://www.pepperdinesports.com/staffdir/pepp-staffdir.html#coachdir

And when I click on the envelop, the message comes up and I cannot send the email. Please help!! :)

Rob

J

jcsuQB12

Tried this and still getting the message. I am wide open to any other suggestions. Do I need to re-install?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Go to File, Help - what does it say on the right side of the screen? If you have click to run, you need to uninstall it and reinstall it using the MSI.

J

jcsuQB12

It doesn't say click to run anywhere on the help screen. Not sure if I am looking at the right place or not, but I didn't see anything that said that.

J

jcsuQB12

And Diane, if I have Outlook open, it give me another message that says " Another version of Outlook is currently running. Please close and try again." When I close it, it tells me it cannot start outlook again. Not sure what to do here. 2007 worked great and when I upgraded, I started getting this message.

Status
Not open for further replies.