Unable to edit attendee list in meeting

• Thread starter Douglas Roy
  • Start date Views 866
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Douglas Roy

Hi there

Have a bit of an issue which is causing no end of issues for our admin staff. Basically the problem is this. We have a number of meeting rooms which I have set up with accounts on our Exchange server so that they can be added as a Resource for meetings. When a member of our admin staff sets up a meeting they enter the usual date & time information and then add attendees before allocating the meeting to a room by adding it as a Resource. When the meeting form has been completed the request is sent out to all participants including the meeting room which automatically accepts the meeting and adds the meeting to the room's calendar. So far so good. However, if you access a room's calendar and then open up the meeting entry you are unable to edit the attendee list as the To button has disappeared and there doesn't appear to be any menu item which will allow you to edit the list. This is the bit which is causing the problems. When we had each room set up in Public Folders we were able to edit meeting requests to our hearts content but not so since I created accounts for each room. Our admin staff also have full access to each room's calendar with the ability to add/edit/remove meetings.

We use Exchange 2003 and a mixture of Outlook 2003 and 2007 clients.

Any advice on what may be wrong would be most gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Dougy

MCP, MCBMSS (CRM)

J

Jahawk

Hi Dougy!

Who is not able to edit the Meeting Requests? --The Admin team, or one of the Attendees? Anyone? Can the Organizer of the Meeting edit the Attendee List?

In the Resource Room's Calendar, what are the default permissions? Grant someone Editor permissions, then see if the user can edit their own and another's Appointment.

It would be the same as you sharing your Calendar out and granting Reviewer rights. People will be able to read the items in the folder, but not be able to make edits.

Hope that helps! Or at least gets you started.

Jahawk MSFT

D

Douglas Roy

Hi Jahawk

Thanks for getting back to me. It's the meeting organiser who is unable to edit the attendee list. She creates the meeting, adds the attendees, adds the meeting room as a resource then sends out the invites. If she then goes back into the meeting entry she is unable to edit the list of attendees and in it's place is a piece of text intimating that she is the organiser of the meeting.

I should point out that she has full editorial access to each room's calendar, i.e. her delegated responsibility level is set at Editor. Hope that helps.

Many thanks,

Dougy

MCP, MCBMSS (CRM)

J

Jahawk

Hi Dougy,

If this issue is affecting all your users who are creating Meetings with a Resource Room invited, please call in and open a Microsoft Support incident on this.

To be able to properly work a case like this, we'll need to work directly with you. A forum is just not going to be efficient in trying to troubleshoot this type of issue.

So........Were I the engineer to be assigned to your case, I would start with an Easy Assist\Live Meeting session.

Have you show me the issue as you go through the steps to reproduce, then confirm how widespread the issue is.

Does this affect anyone who creates a Meeting with a Resource Room invited?

Is it a specific Resource Room, or any Resource Room?

If you pick a person who is not part of the Admin group and grant them Editor rights to a Resource Room's Calendar, are you able to reproduce the issue? -- Can someone (not the Organizer) that has Editor perms to the Resource's Calendar edit the Attendee List?

Anyways, I hope that helps. I know 'you should open a support incident' is definitely not something anyone on a forum wants to hear. But in a case like this there are just so many things we have to check and try that it would be nearly impossible to resolve something like what you are experiencing.

Take care,

Jahawk MSFT

D

Douglas Roy

Jahawk

Apologies for not updating this thread but hopefully this message should shed some light on the situation and how it was resolved.

The whole issue seems to have been caused by the fact that each room was set up as a Public Folder prior to being set up as its own account. Basically all previous meetings were set up in each room's Public Folder account. Once I set up accounts for each room we went into each meeting in each room's public folder and updated it adding the room as a resource instead. This appears to be where the root of the problem lay. Even though we added each room as a resource in each meeting the public folder account for each room appears to have still been the "organiser", for want of a better term, of the meeting. This meant that whenever our admin staff went into the meeting request in the resource's account they didn't have permissions to edit anything and the only way to update the meeting would be to go back into the public folder version of the meeting request and update that. Hope that made sense.

Thanks for all your help.

Best regards,

Dougy

MCP, MCBMSS (CRM)

Status
Not open for further replies.