migrate from exchange 2003 to 2010

• Thread starter Master_Yoda
  • Start date Views 758
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Master_Yoda

Greetings! Does anyone know of a good step-by-step guide to migrating from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010? I have the hardware in place with Server 2008 R2 and Exchange 2010 is installed, but have reached a point where I am reluctant to proceed further without something specific towards this type of upgrade. Mike Vain

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

The Deployment Assistant is a good tool, it's a very nice and easy Assistant that provides a step-by-step operations to make a smooth transition from older exchange versions.

M

Master_Yoda

Thanks to all that replied, I got distracted with our move to a new location and I am taking up this project again next week. I will review your suggestions and get back to you. Thanks again for your help!Mike Vain

M

Master_Yoda

Actually, here is a question: would it be more feasible (since I already have the license and compatible hardware) to migrate to Exchange 2007 first and then go to 2010 after a couple of service packs? Does anyone have an opinion on th ease of migration from 2003 to 2007 vs 2010? Please let me know.

Thanks!!

Mike Vain

Status
Not open for further replies.