migrate from exchange 2003 to 2010

• Thread starter Master_Yoda
  • Start date Views 723
M

Master_Yoda

Greetings! Does anyone know of a good step-by-step guide to migrating from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010? I have the hardware in place with Server 2008 R2 and Exchange 2010 is installed, but have reached a point where I am reluctant to proceed further without something specific towards this type of upgrade. Mike Vain

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

The Deployment Assistant is a good tool, it's a very nice and easy Assistant that provides a step-by-step operations to make a smooth transition from older exchange versions.

M

Master_Yoda

Thanks to all that replied, I got distracted with our move to a new location and I am taking up this project again next week. I will review your suggestions and get back to you. Thanks again for your help!Mike Vain

M

Master_Yoda

Actually, here is a question: would it be more feasible (since I already have the license and compatible hardware) to migrate to Exchange 2007 first and then go to 2010 after a couple of service packs? Does anyone have an opinion on th ease of migration from 2003 to 2007 vs 2010? Please let me know.

Thanks!!

Mike Vain