Error Dialog Boxes when opening Calendar in Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bet44

On my desktop (running Windows Vista and Office Professional Plus 2010), each time I switch from my mail to my calendar in Outlook 2010, I get a dialog box entitled "Outlook data file" with the message "the path specified for the file H:\downloads\ABA mail.pst is not valid". When I close this, I get another dialog box with the title "Create/Open Outlook Data File", initially showing "Look in" the folder "Windows Calendar" and showing the folder "en-US". When I close this dialog box, I get my calendar.

This started to happen after I exported a copy of an e-mail folder as a pst file from my desktop to a thumb drive, so that I could put that folder onto my laptop, but I didn"t change the location where anything is stored on my desktop. Ever since I've had to click through these two new dialog boxes just to switch from mail to calendar. I've searched the help files to see how I can stop these two dialog boxes from coming up, but have found no relevant information. Does anyone know how I can I eliminate these messages and go straight to my calendar, as I was able to before?

S

Steven Moede

Control Panel | Mail applet | Data files button. Remove any references to PST file(s) on "H".

"Bet44" wrote in message news:cd162f9d-63ec-4ce1-8f04-1cbc7662d363@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

On my desktop (running Windows Vista and Office Professional Plus 2010), each time I switch from my mail to my calendar in Outlook 2010, I get a dialog box entitled "Outlook data file" with the message "the path specified for the file H:\downloads\ABA mail.pst is not valid". When I close this, I get another dialog box with the title "Create/Open Outlook Data File", initially showing "Look in" the folder "Windows Calendar" and showing the folder "en-US". When I close this dialog box, I get my calendar.

This started to happen after I exported a copy of an e-mail folder as a pst file from my desktop to a thumb drive, so that I could put that folder onto my laptop, but I didn?t change the location where anything is stored on my desktop. Ever since I've had to click through these two new dialog boxes just to switch from mail to calendar. I've searched the help files to see how I can stop these two dialog boxes from coming up, but have found no relevant information. Does anyone know how I can I eliminate these messages and go straight to my calendar, as I was able to before?

B

Bet44

Thanks very much. This appears to have resolved the problem.
Bet44

Status
Not open for further replies.