Problems printing from Outlook 2003

• Thread starter Pagalrobindra
  • Start date Views 729
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pagalrobindra

I seem to be having a problem printing from Outlook 2003. I recently purchased a new printer and connected it to my computer. When I open up an e-mail in a separate Window by double clicking on it and selecting "File">"print" nothing happens. Not only does nothing happen, but I don't get the print options window. I cannot select which printer I want to print to, nor can I select how many copies I want to print, etc.

On the other hand, other Office programs (Word, Excel) are experiencing no problems printing and will print my files fine. I've already gone through all of the steps suggested in the print troubleshooter, but that doesn't seem to be helping me at all.

Suggestions?

S

Steven Moede

Hmm... In Microsoft Outlook 2003, pick Tools | Options and then go to the Mail Format tab. Do you the box checked next to either "Use Microsoft Word..."? Reason I ask is that I'm wondering if you would see the same issue with both unchecked.

"Pagalrobindra" wrote in message news:5ffd4e4f-fe77-448b-9391-f15a71bda051@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I seem to be having a problem printing from Outlook 2003. I recently purchased a new printer and connected it to my computer. When I open up an e-mail in a separate Window by double clicking on it and selecting "File">"print" nothing happens. Not only does nothing happen, but I don't get the print options window. I cannot select which printer I want to print to, nor can I select how many copies I want to print, etc.

On the other hand, other Office programs (Word, Excel) are experiencing no problems printing and will print my files fine. I've already gone through all of the steps suggested in the print troubleshooter, but that doesn't seem to be helping me at all.

Suggestions?

R

Ruchi Bisht

Does the Print Window open in Outlook if youset XPS Document Writer as the Default Printer?

Ensure Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 is installed.

If the print Window fails to open even after using a different printer as default then try the following:

1. Click on Start -> Run (press and hold Windows key + R key) and type Outlook /safe ->click OK

2. Click on File -> Print and verify

3. If Print Window opens in Outlook safe disable the Add-ins for it one-by-one and restart Outlook to find the problem add-in

If the above steps do not resolve the issue try to use a new OutlookProfile and verify the status.

Ruchi Bisht

Status
Not open for further replies.