can not upload pics into any office programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ssqsc

My company has just recently installed Office 2007 i am not able to upload any pictures to documents or outlook . when i have tried i just get an error saying it encountered a problem and hass to close and to send it to ms. i have mainly been trying to set up business cards in my contact for outlook but when i click on any of the insert pics it errors out and closes

IT has reinstalled the program and it still is not working

R

Roady [MVP]

At what exact point do you get the error?
When you press the "Add Contact Picture" button in the Contacts window, when selecting the picture, when pressing the "Open" button after selecting the picture, when saving the contact, or...?

What is being logged to the Event Viewer about this crash?

S

ssqsc

when i click on the add pic my pictures folder opens and the left hand side has ? marks in the boxes the file type lists all of the ext ie: *.bmp, *.jpg, ect.

AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.6539.5000 AppStamp:4c12486d
ModName: comctl32.dll ModVer: 6.0.2900.6028 ModStamp:4c729dd1
fDebug: 0 Offset: 00061cf0

C:\DOCUME~1\scirelli\LOCALS~1\Temp\741875.cvr
C:\DOCUME~1\scirelli\LOCALS~1\Temp\741921.od

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Check the Service Pack 2(SP-2) for Office 2007 under Help-> About Microsoft Office 2007. If you do not have SP-2, try to Install SP-2 from the below link.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B444BF18-79EA-46C6-8A81-9DB49B4AB6E5&displaylang=en

If you still face the same issue, restart the computer in windows clean boot and check how it works.

Refer the link to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state:-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

Note: clean boot will disable the third party applications so after the clean boot is done make sure you enable the third party applications back on the computer.

Ganesh Kumar N

S

skc552

wow i appreciate the advice but it still is not working...i am asostill having our it check it out and they r stumped???skc552@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.