Outlook 2007 Signature error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new HPE-450F computer running Windows 7 Home Premium to replace my antique IBM Thinkcentre (30 GB Hard Drive!). I used a Belkin F5U279 Easy Transfer cable to transfer my files from my old computer running Windows XP Professional with Office 2003 including Outlook 2003 to the new computer.

I then loaded Office 2007 Standard (includes Outlook 2007) onto my new computer. All files seem to have transferred okay, and I can access old emails and receive and send new emails with no problem.

However, my old email signature did not transfer apparently, and I cannot create a new one. When I go through the steps to create a new signature, and then hit the "Okay" button to name it, I get a pop-up window with an error message that says "A file error has occurred. (C:\Users\My Name\...\My Name.htm)"

I am never given an opportunity to even try and create the signature.

Don't know if it is important, but my .pst file is 3.8 GB in size.

Thanks for any help!

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
The file size is unlikely to be a problem - outlook 2007 supports larger pst files.

Something is wrong with C:\Users\My Name\...\My Name.htm - does that folder and file exist? Right click on the folder and check properties - does your user account have read/write permissions to the folder?

I'm not sure if the folder exists, because I don't know what is between the two slash marks, i.e. "\...\"

Unfortunately I can't expand the error window to read the full file path

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Oh. type or paste the following the address bar or Start Search field

%appdata%\microsoft\

then look for the signatures folder - that's where your signature is supposed to be. if that file exists, rename it and try making a new signature.

Also, right click on the signatures folder, check properties dialog for Security - your user account should have full permisions.

Wow! That did it, apparently I just didn't have permission to access the signature. So I allowed myself access, and lo-and-behold my old signature was still there! So I don't even have to recreate it. I didn't even have to rename it or anything.

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.