Outlook 2010 and can't access gmail account

Status
Not open for further replies.

moi

Hi - hope someone can help. I have just installed office suite 2010 including Outlook 2010 and now I can't access my gmail account - emails and calendar. I can't sign in just get the 'Internet explorer can't display the page' message. When I click on the gmail icon in mjy taskbar I get the message 'an error has occurred. cannot log in to mailbox (12157)'

I also keep getting a pop up asking me for my password for my talktalk mail account. I thought I would revert to outlook 2007 where I had no problems but 2010 has overridden 2007. Can anyone offer advice (in a techie jargon-free way).

thanks in anticipation

Forum Admin

Is the problem with Outlook or with gmail and talktalk in IE? Do you have gmail and talktalk configured in Outlook? If so, are you using POP3 or IMAP?

moi

Hi - Outlook 2010 is picking up my emails from talktalk and as far as I know it is POP3. I haven't changed anything else and with 2007 could also access my gmail so am assuming that as the only change I have made is updating to 2010 that is where the problem lies (maybe a mad assumption on my part though). There seem to be quite a lot of people experiencing this problem when you do a google search.

Status
Not open for further replies.