Email Error - 554 sorry, the attachment is in my badmimetypes list (#5.6.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkantx

Hi all,

I get this error when sending mail with attachment - "554 sorry, the attachment is in my badmimetypes list (#5.6.0)." The mail does go to sent box but does not reaches the target. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Re: Email Error - 554 sorry, the attachment is in my badmimetypes list (#5.6.0

That error generally means the attachment is corrupt - this could be caused by a large file size and scanning outgoing mail with an antivirus scanner. So... how large is the file you are trying to send, does this error happen with every attachment or just certain ones, and do you scan mail with an antivirus scanner?

kkantx

Hi, Thank you, this error is popped up by Norton when sending any attachment (small or large) and happens with every attachment. Thanks for your help.

QUOTE=Diane Poremsky;283362]That error generally means the attachment is corrupt - this could be caused by a large file size and scanning outgoing mail with an antivirus scanner. So... how large is the file you are trying to send, does this error happen with every attachment or just certain ones, and do you scan mail with an antivirus scanner?[/QUOTE]

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

The norton install might be bad. Does it also error when you run outlook in safe mode? (Close Outlook. Hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon to open in safe mode.)

kkantx

The norton install might be bad. Does it also error when you run outlook in safe mode? (Close Outlook. Hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon to open in safe mode.)
Hi Diane

Thanks for your efforts. Its working now. I dont know how it has resolved on its own. May be problem of the ISP. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.