Where is personal data stored for use in Outlook 2007 (Vista)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mordacious

How do I find where my personal data is stored for use in outlook- ie: saved emails, folders and contacts

I'm using Vista with Outlook 2007 and my computer is just starting to play "I might be dead" soon on me so I would like to save the information that I'll need to put on a new computer - which I don't have yet.

The backup feature is not cooperating whatsoever so I will need to manually find the location and save it myself to disc.

I managed to figure this out on my own 3 years ago from my old computer but the steps that I wrote down seem to mean nothing on Vista.

G

Gérard Oomens [MVP]

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 18:59:47 +0000, Mordacious wrote:

How do I find where my personal data is stored for use in outlook- ie: saved emails, folders and contacts

I'm using Vista with Outlook 2007 and my computer is just starting to play "I might be dead" soon on me so I would like to save the information that I'll need to put on a new computer - which I don't have yet.

The backup feature is not cooperating whatsoever so I will need to manually find the location and save it myself to disc.

I managed to figure this out on my own 3 years ago from my old computer but the steps that I wrote down seem to mean nothing on Vista.

See: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

Gérard

Status
Not open for further replies.