Running two or more email profiles concurrently in Outlook 2010

• Thread starter Iain Medinrun
  • Start date Views 867
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iain Medinrun

I am running two separate email addresses and profiles in Outlook 2010 - both are on Exchange servers and are hosted with separate companies. I can only have one open at a time, and need to close it to open and view the other. I would like to be able to toggle between the two, and to merge/synchronise my calendar and contacts. Is this possible? Thanks Iain

H

Hassan El-Meligy, MSc

Hi

You actually can run two outlook at the same time with two profiles Look at the command line options available fo outlook where you could run each with diff. profile

Regards

I

Iain Medinrun

Thanks so much for taking the time Hassan...sorry but I'm not very technical at all...where do I find these command line options please?

Regards Iain

H

Hassan El-Meligy, MSc

Ok

this is an example that will run a second instance of outlook (outlook 2010 default path)
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE" /profile "myProfile"

To do more with the second instance or calling OL with different parameter please see the following link for clear and details information
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm

Best Regards

I

Iain Medinrun

Many thanks for taking the time Hassan - problem solved slightly differently but the outcome is satisfactory! Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.