Assigned as editor and deleting a meeting planner in outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AMD11

Hi - in 2007, when I had assigned rights send out planners on some ones behalf, if that person received a planner I would receive a copy and I could delete the one I received without removing it from their Outlook so they could accept it. It would state " Received for John Doe, please respond" . So I would delete it before they accepted and it was never removed from their calendar. It would remain as tentative.

Now with 2010, when I go to delete an unaccepted planner, I receive a pop-up:

Deleting this meeting also removes the meeting from the calendar of John Doe. When deleting a meeting request that hasn't been accepted, the meeting is removed from the calendar."

I get an awful lot of planners for myself so I want to know how I can adjust it so I still get their planner but can delete it before they accept it?

Thanks, AMD

E

Ezil Vinoth

What type of email account have you configured in Outlook (POP or IMAP or Exchange)?

You may check the following settings in Outlook 2010:

1. Click File > Options > Calendar, under Resource Scheduling, click the Resource Scheduling button.

2. Check the box “Automatically accept meeting requests and remove canceled meetings”.

3. Click OK to save the settings.

A

AMD11

Its work so I think its Exchange. Thanks! 2010 is great but there is an awful lot to learn - I find myself clicking all over all of the time.

Take care, Anna Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.