Outlook 2007 Calendar shows 1 new item but there are no new items

• Thread starter FiosFlyer
  • Start date Views 1,333
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FiosFlyer

Here's my system info: Windows 7 Professional 32bit; Office 2007. Yes this is on a domain connecting to an Exchange server.

Here's the problem, my Outlook shows I have 1 new item. In the Folder List on the left pane of Outlook, the wordCalendar is bold and there is a (1) next to it.

I have tried several things with no luck: I right clicked the Calendar and selected " Mark All as Read." I went into " All Appointments" view and none show as new. I only have 30 appointments. This started around the time I set a reoccurring appointment that happens yearly. However I deleted that item and recreated it and it didn't make a difference.

Anyone have any ideas other then creating a new profile? I'll try that as a last resort but am hoping someone will know what might have caused this and have a quick fix. Thanks for any suggestions.

Here's a link to a screen shot: http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p41-fy7Olt540I3_UeWx9Rt4wvzzmY3SG7snB5YntwergXFz8Sko9Yns0Yk7KT2UR-AcAzNJHPaH649n_qE7iRA/Outlook.jpg?psid=1

Windows 7 wasn't my idea but it rocks anyway!! Soli Deo Gloria!

Brian Tillman

I've never known " Mark All as Read" to not work. Try switching your calendar to the " Events" view and see how many events you see. Does the unread event show there?

F

FiosFlyer

Brian,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried Events view and none are showing as new. I tried every view in the list and still did not find a new one. I'm beginning to think it may be a profile problem. But if you have any other suggestions I'll give them a try.

Thanks

F

FiosFlyer

Well if anyone else sees this issue. I corrected it by deleting my profile and creating a new one. As I stated, I'm running off of an exchange server so to anyone that uses Outlook at home make sure you backup all your info before deleting a profile. But once the new one was created and sync'd no more phantom unread items! Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.