Why do I get I get a Windows Live Alerts from Hotmail Calendar Event Reminders <Email removed for pr

• Thread starter healee
  • Start date Views 1,462
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

healee

Recently whenever I add an event to my calendar in Office Outlook I always get a reminder dropped into my hotmail account. Why? I don't like it. How can I get the reminder from my local Microsoft Outlook Reminders Windows as I used to. What if I don't have a hotmail account?

Also when I run an ICS file to add an event, it no longer shows up on my Office Outlook calendar. I have been wondering where it has gone. However I check my hotmail calendar it doesn't seem to be there either.

H

healee

Sorry I have been late responding. I have been sick and also tried to reproduce the problem.

When I hit Ctrl+6 it it brings me to the Inbox of the Outlook Data File. So I am not too sure if this was what you meant. This is my default data file. I have a few email accounts set up using IMAP protocol, so there would one data file for each account. I don't know how calendar relates to data file. Is it one each?

When I go to calendar I can see under My Calendars as follows. The first one selected. It is confusing. Why are my calendars connected to the HotMail? Can I disable them? I do have a HotMail account set up but I don't want anything else connected to the Hotmail. Is it why I get the alert from the HotMail? I did go into HotMail and check and it looked like I have not got anything there because the message of asking me to get started came up. Also at one time the last calendar in the following list was selected. I am not very familiar with all these please help me get rid of the HotMail related calendar.

Calendar

Country Holidays - myName HotMail

Birthday calendar - myName HotMail

myName calendar - myName HotMail

Country Holidays - myName HotMail

Birthday calendar - myName HotMail

myName calendar - myName HotMail

~

From the hyperlink " Go to Hotmail Calendar Event Reminders" in the alert I have just found them in my Hotmail account. It had started for some reason without my initiative. I don't know how and why. I have since deselected them. How can I get rid of same in my Outlook? How can I make sure when I next click on any ICS file it won't go to the HotMail Calendar?

H

healee

I have got the calendar working fine after creating a new Outlook profile because of some other email problem.

I do want to know how the HotMail calendar appears and appears twice. What is the difference between " Calendar" and " myName calendar" in terms of usage and so on? How do we ensure that executing an ICS file would go into the specific calendar that I want?

Status
Not open for further replies.