Having problems subscribing to my Outlook calendar online

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jviren

I have tried to subscribe to my Outlook calendar online, but I don't understand where it is supposed to show up online. Also, both (duplicate, really) calendars (the subscribed one and the actual Outlook calendar) show up in Outlook, but that isn't what I'm trying to do, so I just "X" the duplicate one out and it looks like I'm used to. I would like to be able to access the Outlook calendar in either Windows Live calendar or Hotmail calendar, and keep them synched. Also, the setup of publishing the calendar with Outlook Calendar Publishing Service doesn't seem to work. I've tried it twice, but when I get to the step where I have to remove the "s" in the URL prefix, it is unable to continue. Can you help with this? Thank you so much.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

How it works: you publish it online and invite others to access it. It shouldn't be in outlook twice unless you subscribed to it.

Where are you removing the s from the url? Where did you get instructions to remove the S from?

Windows Live Mail doesn't subscibe to calendars. AFAIK, you need to make the calendar public to open it in hotmail.

J

jviren

Maybe this isn't the tool I need. I want to be able to access my Outlook calendar online by synching with an online calendar. I thought I could use Hotmail (Windows Live) Calendar, but it doesn't look like it. Then I read on the MS web site about subscribing to the calendar, so I think I misunderstood and subscribed to my Outlook calendar (which brings it into Outlook) when it is already there. On the subscription instructions page (Microsoft), the instructions say to remove the s after "cal" in the url.

All this said, CAN I somehow sync Outlook with Windows Live Calendar? CAN I access Outlook online, if the previous won't work? If I subscribe to Windows Live Calendar through Outlook, can I drag and drop items into the WLC from Outlook?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.