How do I use Outlook 2007 for printing a label list for a specific category

• Thread starter RunnerSlow
  • Start date Views 1,166
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RunnerSlow

I want to print a label list for a specific category. How do I select only that category and how do I print labels only for that category? How do I create the data that goes on that label?

R

RunnerSlow

Russ, thank you for your quick response. Today must be my blank day:

Here is what I do, and I get to a Word blank New document screen with no records showing:

My View/Current View is By Category.

I the highlight all the records it finds in the category I want.

I then select Tools/Mail Merge.

In the Mail Merge Contacts window, I select:

- Only the Selected Contacts.

- Fields to Merge is Contact fields in Current View

- New Document

- Merge Options: Mailing Labels and Merge to New Document

- All other options are blank

I select OK, and a windows comes up saying “All action applies in the selected groups”. I click OK again.

A new Word document appears with no records showing and it asks me to click Setup. I am lost?

R

Russ Valentine

I suspect the link I posted will answer your question if you read through it carefully. What you're seeing sounds perfectly normal to me. You should get a blank Word document. There is no reason to have any Contact Records showing yet. You must first create the document and set up your merge fields. Only when you complete the merge should your Contact records show up, and you must take care to make sure you don't follow any paths to select some other data source since you already selected the Contacts in the Outlook category as your data source.Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.